New PPV

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Biggers9c3

New PPV

Post by Biggers9c3 »

Hey yall, I'm new here from Charleston SC. I decided to add to the collection a 2012 Caprice PPV 9c3 package with only 87k miles on it in Hugo Blue. Supposedly the only one to be sent to North Carolina. There's nothing done to it except a DOD chip so far. I plan to find a new radio to push the new speakers in the cab. Then I'll put a stage 2 cam with a Kook's 3" system and hopefully port the heads while I have them off and install a ram air intake. I'll have to find a good tuner near me then but all this will be in the next few years as my budget allows...
Resized_20231208_151916.JPG
Resized_20231208_151916.JPG (212.7 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Resized_20231208_151933.JPG
Resized_20231208_151933.JPG (209.64 KiB) Viewed 141 times
IMG_3579.PNG
IMG_3579.PNG (3.02 MiB) Viewed 141 times
IMG_3580.PNG
IMG_3580.PNG (2.22 MiB) Viewed 141 times
Currently, I am focusing on the minor exterior mods like the fog lights, door handles, and blinker lights in the front fenders. I know that the lights in the fenders and fog lights can be found on other cars but I am having trouble determining exactly which cars I should look for. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Regarding the radio, I know I can get it reprogrammed but I am hesitant to do so as I need a head unit that will give enough power to the new door speakers and I'm not sure the factory one will be able to push them. I have heard that the Australian audio market might have some options for aftermarket radios that would work but I haven't been able to locate any at this point in time. Tips on that would be helpful as well.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
-Harley
JoeR

Re: New PPV

Post by JoeR »

Welcome. Great looking car!
Joe