2015 ss impala /caprice ppv body interchange

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
gmonde

2015 ss impala /caprice ppv body interchange

Post by gmonde »

does anyone know if the 2015 ss caprice/impala fenders ,hood ,headlights,front bumper, can replace and will bolt on to the caprice ppv front clip and match up to the doors
just thinking out loud
elc32955
System Manager

Re: 2015 ss impala /caprice ppv body interchange

Post by elc32955 »

Nothing from the 2015 Impala, with the exception of some minor components will work with the Caprice PPV. They're two different cars.

I'll defer to other folks on the SS Sedan front end component interchange 2015/2015... never tried to fit any of those onto my car - or seen or heard of anyone doing it. Now interior swap stuff is a different story....

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

im guessing that he might be in the UAE , if so then then is basing the parts all off the models like ours

or he thinks like most that the "JUST A SS" is a impala here

but the 14-17 JUST A SS parts will bolt up on the 11-17 caprice , but you are basically on your own for wiring up the lights , since they are different
DapperDanMan

Post by DapperDanMan »

Chevrolet definitely made things confusing with the name of the SS sedan, as SS is a trim level on many of their cars but it is also a car unto itself.
I'm assuming you were talking about an Impala SS, and nothing from an Impala will fit on a Caprice without doing a bunch of major custom fabrication, you can graft anything you want together with a cutting wheel, and welder, and enough bondo.
If you were meaning an SS sedan, the body of the Caprice and SS are the same, so the SS sedan front clip will bolt right on but you need the fenders, hood, front bumper, headlights, and radiator core support if you want to make it easy or you can add rivet nuts to your caprice core support in the places needed for the SS parts. None of the parts will intermix with caprice parts so for instance you cannot put SS headlights on while still using the caprice hood and bumper without some serious fabrication and body work.
Nothing from an Impala SS will fit on a Caprice without doing a bunch of major custom fabrication, you can graft anything you want together with a cutting wheel, and welder, and enough bondo.
2015 Caprice 6.0