GEICO Insurance..... Pfffffft!!!

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
elc32955
System Manager

GEICO Insurance..... Pfffffft!!!

Post by elc32955 »

I'm shopping auto insurance right now since the economy is majorly imitating a vacuum cleaner on our wallets, nothing like price increases! I tried to do an on-line rate quote inquiry to obtain a Geico quote, however they didn't even list the Caprice. So, I called their Customer Service voice today and asked them......WHY?

The reply I received was very interesting. GEICO considers the Caprice an "imported car" and, as such, will only provide liability coverage on it - no other insurance available. Told them it was a shame that we were not going to be doing business and thanked the rep politely. Talk about a goofy company policy!

So, the Caprice and GEICO are mutually exclusive unless you want bare-bones coverage ONLY on your car. Disappointing. Onward in my quest, ho!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Bill.kurman

Re: GEICO Insurance..... Pfffffft!!!

Post by Bill.kurman »

I’m currently fighting with Hagerty to cover my caprice as we speak mind you I have regularly insured daily’s and than 6 other classics I have to prove to them it’s collectible they even had me fill out a high performance vehicle resume I’ve seen others claim that they have Hagerty so I’ll update you on the progress
rcg530

Post by rcg530 »

I've had and still have my 2014 Chevy Caprice insured with GEICO since I purchased it in 2020. I have liability, comprehensive and collision coverage on the the Caprice. It costs $395.80 every 6 months with the various coverage limits, my age (old), location (California), driving record (spotless).
2014 Chevy Caprice PPV | RetroCarGuy530 YouTube Channel
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I have had GEICO insurance on Caprices for about 5-6 years, but only carry the bare bones liability. I have always had to call them to get one added to the policy.
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

It is difficult to get replacement parts for these old doggies.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Bill.kurman

Post by Bill.kurman »

So after a week of back and forth the car is know covered by Hagerty with a 20,000 agreed value for any else who tries piece of advice talk to a manager they are the only ones that will get it done because you need to prove to them that you believe it’s truly a collectible or has a sentimental value
Mjimport

Post by Mjimport »

Bill.kurman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:30 pm So after a week of back and forth the car is know covered by Hagerty with a 20,000 agreed value for any else who tries piece of advice talk to a manager they are the only ones that will get it done because you need to prove to them that you believe it’s truly a collectible or has a sentimental value
Thank you so much for posting !!
I too tried to get Haggerty on mine a few months ago and got rejected.
And I have been a long term customer on other vehicles with Haggerty!
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Weird - I have full coverage on ours with Geico and had no issue getting it. And I'm not far from you, as you may know, in Sebastian.
C5Diaz

Post by C5Diaz »

How are you guys getting a hold of Geico? I have tried calling the customer care number, and I keep getting a prerecorded note saying they do not provide quotes over the phone. Can someone please provide me with the number they are using? I currently have Bristol West since AAA refused to insure my 2013 but they are expensive at $112 every month for just liability and uninsured motorists.
2013 Caprice PPV
2005 silverado
2000 Corvette