I recently purchased 2013 Caprice PPV and ready to go balls to the walls

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Johnny6speed

I recently purchased 2013 Caprice PPV and ready to go balls to the walls

Post by Johnny6speed »

Hey everyone First off this site is awesome. I’ve been creeping for the past six months, and finally found My car. A 2013 Caprice with 80,000 miles from Georgia with absolutely no rust and a perfect interior. My plan is to twin charge this baby. I’m curious if anybody has done that with theirs. Can’t wait to talk to you all
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: I recently purchased 2013 Caprice PPV and ready to go balls to the walls

Post by Pursuit »

Welcome to the group! I haven't heard of anyone doing a twin turbo setup, but you never know. There is a great group of people and information here.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

This guy is using an AGP twin turbo kit for a Camaro.

It's doable.

https://youtu.be/wF0lk4aLkBc?si=KJm7LU-_LdaIjIJM
Johnny6speed

Post by Johnny6speed »

As a heads up, When I said twin charging. I meant a turbocharger AND a supercharger. Yeah, I’m in the process of doing all the research it can be done
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

Twin charging (meaning supercharger and turbos) is pretty pointless and nothing but a giant tuning headache. We all went down that road with the supercharged 3.8 Grand Prixs back in the day. With a properly built turbo or supercharger system you can easily get 1000+ hp. If you are going for a max build I would do a 2.9L supercharger, forged lower end, Stage 3 boost cam, head work, 103NW or even 112 TB, 5" intake, 2" headers with 3" exhaust, address fueling through additional pump, replace stock pump, increase voltage, etc., build the trans to handle, see if the driveshaft will hold it, Camaro 218mm rear end with JRE caps, Trutrac diff, and a LPW cover to help keep the gears from walking, maybe even consider a ZL1 rear setup, upgrade the cv axles, a 305-325 width DOT legal slick/semi-slick around 28-29 tall, smaller rim the better, and replace the rear suspension components and go with solid cradle mounts. Run E85. Consider spraying 50/50 meth if you don't mind the maintenance. You will have a 9 second monster and a much lighter wallet! LOL.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....