Major development - Web server replacement pending!

This forum is for administrator/moderator updates on system status, updates, enhancements, etc.
elc32955
System Manager

Major development - Web server replacement pending!

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks,

I briefed a few months back on a server latency issue that we've been experiencing. It was particularly bad earlier today to the extent I was starting to see timeouts on system functions, so I queried our webhost and received an update. Turns out a brand new web server is on the way that New Caprice will reside on. They advised that the new equipment will be deployed over the next few weeks.

Now what does this mean for us as far as system downtime and reduced availability? Wish I could tell you with specificity, however we are not that far down the path yet. As soon as I know something more I'll post in this thread. This is just a preliminary "heads-up" for everyone that we could see some system weirdness as this progresses. There is a possibility that this may "down" the system for a period of time while the actual swap is occurring, however I'll take the high road and hope we get a "hot-swap" between hardware to minimize downtime.

Stay tuned.... :D :D

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Re: Major development - Web server replacement pending!

Post by s/c'd cav »

thank you for the update