New member from Central Victoria, Australia

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
darrenj

New member from Central Victoria, Australia

Post by darrenj »

Hello, my name is Darren and I live in central Victoria, Australia, I have been watching your forum for a while now with interest. My car is a 2016 Holden Caprice WN series 2. I bought the car last March with 78K Kms on the odometer after looking for some time. I was wanting to find one of these cars while they are still fairly new and able to be found in low mileage original condition. This particular car was a one private owner car at the time that had been traded in to a dealership where I bought it. I was looking for a car in good condition, not too many Km on the dial and original factory. It does however have an aftermarket X force exhaust on it which may have been fitted when new and an aftermarket pin stripe down each side, otherwise factory unmodified. I particularly wanted a series 2 WN which is the final model but more importantly to me was fitted with the LS3 motor and no AFM which is what Holden called the cylinder deactivation system. My plans for the car are to look after it and keep it as original as possible. I very much enjoy driving it and particularly like taking it on a long trip, not that I do many. I look forward to discussing Caprices further in particular the context of the PPV and the Holden cars that they are based on.
Attachments
IMG_9022.JPG
IMG_9022.JPG (2.67 MiB) Viewed 774 times
IMG_9021.JPG
IMG_9021.JPG (2.23 MiB) Viewed 774 times
IMG_9017.JPG
IMG_9017.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 774 times
Mooseman

Re: New member from Central Victoria, Australia

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Nice to see a new member from the motherland.

One thing we never see here is a factory sunroof. Everything else can be retrofitted. Love the look of yours.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

welcome aboard !! nice AU spec caprice !!
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Very nice car! Thanks for thinking of us, we're glad to have you here!

If it's not too much trouble post up some interior pics, everyone loves looking at the AU version of these cars! And watch those rear door panels.... if you see a stealthy figure in the middle of the night in a PPV in your driveway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
JRWolff

Post by JRWolff »

Hi Darren,
Welcome to the group. That is a beautiful ride. Enjoy it.

John
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National
darrenj

Post by darrenj »

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, I'll take some good interior pics on the weekend and post.
darrenj

Post by darrenj »

I have posted some interior pics along with some thoughts on Caprices under general discussion
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome! Our '12 PPV also has an X Force exhaust. I got it second hand and replaced the factory system, which was about done, with it. Great system, and just a bit more sound when the valves are closed, but it can get pretty aggressive when things are opened up.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
darrenj

Post by darrenj »

I love that X force exhaust, I don't know much about them but when I looked it up they are fairly expensive. I was looking for a car as stock and factory as possible and am happy with what I found, when I first heard the thing comming along the road I just thought the sound was excellent, so I'm glad its got this exhaust, sometimes when its labouring up a hill it can get a reverberation thing going on in the cabin but it resolves when the pitch of the motor changes, also the factory exhaust on the WN 2 is a twin system with twin pipes, this has the quad outlets which I think look a lot better.