Going to be a lifer - Might as well have an account here

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
hbus1300

Going to be a lifer - Might as well have an account here

Post by hbus1300 »

Been pretty active on the various facebook groups. Long time lurker here.
Always complain about people not using forums vs facebook (don't like facebook really)
Figured quit complaining and come open an account.

Had a 2012 PBM 9C3 for a few years now. Ex Tenn car.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Going to be a lifer - Might as well have an account here

Post by Pursuit »

Welcome to the group!!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Welcome. After you get used to poking around here for info (sounds like you're already there) and get some great help from a lot of nice folks, I'm betting you'll end up here more.
I've got a 9C3 as well. It's been a hoot.
If you have any projects, please share (with pictorial evidence of course!).
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

Welcome
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome, glad to have you here! Just a little story for entertainment, we almost actually had the first Facebook group for the PPV as well sponsored off this system. I built this website & forum in late 2012 and opened it for public consumption in 2013. I put a considerable amount of work at that time trying to determine if anyone offered a linked-group attachment between Facebook and a PHPbb forum system. If I had been able to come up with that one, I would have probably gone for it as at that time there was no PPV presence on Facebook... but I knew it was coming. Naturally Facebook rules prevented it, and since I absolutely DETEST data silos I decided not to pursue a separate path if I couldn't link the systems. I would have loved to have seen a solution to where a post here in a designated forum would have parroted on Facebook, and vice-versa as I know there are a LOT of users who use Facebook to the exclusion of the "old-school" forum systems. It would have been a way to bridge that divide and provide more interoperability to Caprice owners regardless of messaging technology.

Enjoy the forums & site!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Here's the car.
20211226_145844.jpg
20211226_145844.jpg (7.21 MiB) Viewed 984 times
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

OOps, threading fail.