Rear Seats Loose?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
L77Caprice

Rear Seats Loose?

Post by L77Caprice »

So I picked up my 2014 last week and I’m just noticing now that the rear seats have a gap between them and the trunk opening? And that they’re a little bit loose? How do they mount in the back?
2014 Caprice PPV
2011 BMW 335is Coupe
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Rear Seats Loose?

Post by smwalker »

They have hooks on the top that go into pockets to keep the top tight to the rear shelf. along the bottom is I think 3-4 10mm bolts holding it in place. they are next to the seat belt anchors. If you see a gap along the side you may be missing a piece of trim that is supposed to take up the gap all along the side of the seat.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Re: Rear Seats Loose?

Post by CrashTestDummy »

The agency that operated the car probably just threw the seats back in after pulling the ‘perp seats’ out. As Steve noted, it’s a pretty easy fix.

If there’s about a 1” gap along the sides, then you are missing the two side trim pieces. Again, an easy fix. GM still had these parts in stock when I ordered mine early last year, or so.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?