No Interior light door or auxillary

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Turtle Bite

No Interior light door or auxillary

Post by Turtle Bite »

I have a 2011 9C1 and the interior lights do not work. Neither the door lights or the auxillary map light work, the buttons do not make a difference. I read on here that there is an option 7Y6 dome and courtesy lamps disable, however it sounds like the consensus is the manual map light should still work, AND my car does not have that option.

I started simple, the bulb is good, and I pulled down the maplight and the white 4 pin molex connector was plugged in. I have 12 volts measured at two cavities opposite the retaining clip.

Does anyone have pinout of this connector and which pins are BCM controlled?
2011 Caprice, Night fury cam, kooks, SLP loudmouth, holden stuff, H&R, baby haulin hot rod.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: No Interior light door or auxillary

Post by smwalker »

Pinout listed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=114&hilit=map#p3388

You will see there are two wires that are labeled a similar thing. That is not exactly right. As you will see on the pinout of the the 6 pin connector a page over the labels are a bit more clear.

I broke them down like this:

In the factory 4 pin plug you got 4 wires and what those 4 wires do is basically this:
Pin 1 Ground
Pin 2. Tell BCM to Turn on/Turn off light
Pin 3. Tell the BCM not to turn on the dome light with the doors open.
Pin 4. 12 Volt power for bulbs (turns on rear light as well) from the BCM

Can't quite remember how I came to that conclusion if it was the wiring diagram or the circuit description??

EDIT: I think from the wiring diagram:
1ppv dome.png
1ppv dome.png (20.83 KiB) Viewed 7841 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Turtle Bite

Post by Turtle Bite »

smwalker wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:21 am Pinout listed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=114&hilit=map#p3388

You will see there are two wires that are labeled a similar thing. That is not exactly right. As you will see on the pinout of the the 6 pin connector a page over the labels are a bit more clear.

I broke them down like this:

In the factory 4 pin plug you got 4 wires and what those 4 wires do is basically this:
Pin 1 Ground
Pin 2. Tell BCM to Turn on/Turn off light
Pin 3. Tell the BCM not to turn on the dome light with the doors open.
Pin 4. 12 Volt power for bulbs (turns on rear light as well) from the BCM

Can't quite remember how I came to that conclusion if it was the wiring diagram or the circuit description??

EDIT: I think from the wiring diagram:

1ppv dome.png
Thanks Steve, that diagram is what I needed. I have 12 volts between pins 1 and 2-4. I probed the bulb holder and nothing. Looks like I need to find a new overhead light.
2011 Caprice, Night fury cam, kooks, SLP loudmouth, holden stuff, H&R, baby haulin hot rod.
Turtle Bite

Post by Turtle Bite »

Figured out the issue today. The socket the bulb fits in was not screwed in the full quarter turn and was not making contact with the little circuit board. This was the case for both the front and back lights. They now work perfectly.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

NIce!! That's a new one. I imagine some cops do not like the bulbs on at anytime so they ask the boss to disable and when that does not get done in a month they have all that time on their hands they will break out the leatherman and get to work.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White