Disabling Stabilitrak

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
DocB

Re: Disabling Stabilitrak

Post by DocB »

I know this is an old thread but I was curious if swapping ECM/BCM from a 2012 (with VATS removal) to a 2011 would fix the problem. I've got a 2012 to use as a donor (front end collision) for another project (1959 Rambler station wagon) and I'm picking up a 2011 as a daily driver. Features like stabilitrak and traction control won't be used on the Rambler anyway so if I could swap modules to give the 2011 the features on the 2012 I'd be in. Anyone have an answer?

Many thank,

-Glenn
kevink

Post by kevink »

Since I stated this thread, I added a lot of power to my 2011 and have turned off torque management in the tune. It's a completely different car now with the added power, high stall converter, and 3.45 rear. In performance mode (which disable traction control), I do not see any evidence of stabilitrak doing anything, even during long rolling burnouts from ~25 mph or burnouts from a stop. I have never been in serious trouble (car completely sideways and heading for a guardrail), so maybe it will come on in a situation like that. I don't know. If I were to get into that situation, I would be just fine with stabilitrak coming on and possibly saving me ass. If I do not enable performance mode, traction control will come on during burnouts, but TC is easy to turn off.

I wonder if people's complaints about stabilitrak are just because they don't make enough power or have not turned off torque management. As of right now, I see no need to disable stabilitrak, but I'm not some weirdo that does donuts in parking lots or anything like that.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Just did a rear diff swap with a 3.45 Camaro and a remote tune from Blackbear performance to correct the speedo among other improvements and Disabling the AFM and noticed the traction control feature not working. Went back under the car all connections are fine just stopped working?
I haven't checked fuses or the button itself. My tuner says he has no way to manipulate the TC features that's part of a different system thru the ABS and only GM can monitor or repair. There must be an easier way to disable the traction control? I did hear about pulling a fuse but that was on corvettes. Any help would be great .
Thanks
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Capeasy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:44 am Just did a rear diff swap with a 3.45 Camaro and a remote tune from Blackbear performance to correct the speedo among other improvements and Disabling the AFM and noticed the traction control feature not working. Went back under the car all connections are fine just stopped working?
I haven't checked fuses or the button itself. My tuner says he has no way to manipulate the TC features that's part of a different system thru the ABS and only GM can monitor or repair. There must be an easier way to disable the traction control? I did hear about pulling a fuse but that was on corvettes. Any help would be great .
Thanks
you need another tuner ! yes the tq management tables can be changed
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Your right torque management can be manipulated but he says you cant mess with the Traction Control TC. Which is another locked up computer in the ABS system, that's what Black Bear performance told me. Just quoting him, he has many satisfied customers.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

you can alter the tq management so that that tc does not function(like the t/c turned off) , or way to sensitive , so yes its basically messing with the traction control

ABS can not be turned off via a button , though you can pull a fuse to disable it , which also disables the t/c system
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Hmmm.... that might do the trick. I'll have to look for that fuse and try that.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

You guys are not reading the info put on first page from GM themselves. The stabilitrak is not just a Traction Control feature which can be turned off to allow burnouts etc which is what most people are looking or hoping for I gather reading this. The 2011 had it setup so it was not able to be turned off for fear that the brand new test cars would not be wrecked nor any of the new purchases crashed by officers not prepared for the leap from P71 power levels. If you read their info they clearly report that its going to involve not just the engine but also brake system function. On my car i can find no difference between the standard and "sport" programming I suspect you would need a track day to actually appreciate any.
Ls3dgar

Post by Ls3dgar »

indianajoe wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm if you unplug the steering angle sensor the tcs+stabilitrak will be disabled.
my car spent its first year without the two, and then one day i must have jostled it back into place while messing with it because i suddenly had both functioning

i was able to do burnouts before i accidentally fixed it.

a couple months ago i had it on a dyno and i couldn't run because the tcs ws kicking in, so i got under there and unplugged the angle sensor and it worked (or didnt work) just like it used to.

afterwards i plugged it back in and it went back to normal

Where is the angle sensor? Cant find it anywhere on the steering column. Am i looking in the wrong place lol. 2011 ppv
Ls3dgar

Post by Ls3dgar »

Capeasy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:44 pm Hmmm.... that might do the trick. I'll have to look for that fuse and try that.
Did you find that fuse?