We're going to try the user chat again!

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
elc32955
System Manager

We're going to try the user chat again!

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks!

Well, we have a good amount of new people on the system so after some consultation with our admin staff I've decided to try the Wednesday night chats again. For those newer folks here, the system has a chat function towards the bottom of the forum home page. We get on there and talk about anything related to Caprices & cars, normally there are a number of tenured members here who can help with questions from new owners or to talk somewhat technically about any issues that people are having. It's a throwback to the earlier days of the system, the chats were always fun when we had them.

So, the first chat will be held beginning at 8 PM Eastern on Wednesday, September 8. It will go until we all get tired of talking & the last person leaves. Oh, you are required to have a valid system account in order to access the chat subsection. That means for lurkers without a system account you can't see the chatroom. Get your free account & validate now if you want to participate!

Any questions please PM me, we'll hopefully see everyone LIVE at 8:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday!

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: We're going to try the user chat again!

Post by elc32955 »

Thanks to everyone that participated in the user chat last night. Numbers were small compared to what we used to see "in the old days" (I.E. 2016 & before) but everyone that participated had a good time and all had some sort of takeaway.

I'm thinking about running the chats monthly, perhaps 1st Wednesday of the month, 8:00 PM eastern. It's hard to balance the time for the chat considering we cross several time zones. Our 8 PM here on the east coast is 5 PM out on the West Coast. Setting it at 8 PM eastern is a middle-of-the-road time pretty much, don't see how we could start it much later and still make the chat open to everyone.

If anyone has ideas, opinions, suggestions for the scheduled chats, please post them in this thread for comment.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
JRWolff

Post by JRWolff »

I participated in the chat for the first time last night. It was a GREAT event. I learned a couple technical things as well as getting to know some of the users/administrators that have been part of the group for a long time. I would encourage everyone to join in during a future chat. Thanks to all who keep this site going!

John
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Sorry I missed that one. Would have loved to participate. I put the next one in my calendar.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks,

I just posted the next live chat as a board announcement. Wednesday, October 6 (1st Wednesday of the month), 8:00 PM Eastern. Unless something changes I'll keep it on the 1st Wednesday for the time being... And.. chats are always held off the main forum page using our on-board Mchat module. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see our chat section.

Thanks
Eric
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

OK, we're going to try the Wednesday night chat again beginning at 8 PM EDT. We'll see how this one does, after it's over we'll assess if we will do these on an ongoing basis or we'll take a break. Last month's attendance was a real record-breaker!

See you Wednesday night! Remember, that chat screen is on the forum home page at the bottom. You have to be a registered user to see the Mchat window!

Thanks
Eric
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Added a reminder in my calendar. Should be there unless the boss says otherwise :lol:
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Reminder, be there or be square!
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks,

You probably saw the masthead reminder but we're going to try the forum chat again, Wednesday night, 8 PM. Last chat for the year, so come on in & meet your admins, talk tech about our cars. Chat box is on the main forum page, you have to be logged in to view or participate in the chat.

See you Wednesday night!
Eric
Josephkushner

Post by Josephkushner »

Hey y'all does this Wednesday monthly chat still happen? I would be interested in joining if it does