What did you do to your Caprice today?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Mooseman

Re: What did you do to your Caprice today?

Post by Mooseman »

Congrats! Not too often we hear about the 6 holers.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Yeah, they keep a low profile. But, was driving around and on my way home tonight the feel-good average economy indicator did show >28 MPG. Probably real-world about 22-23 mpg TBH, those trip computers always have like a 30-40% fudge factor.

Today I cleaned up the interior of the car, cleaned up the engine somewhat, modified the police console cap with a dremel and exposed more of the back wall of the lower center compartment where the cig lighter is. I drilled it, put in a Bautage USB extension and plug, and drilled a hole for a second cig lighter for my radar detector. First plug has a voltmeter/2 USB plugin for phone charging. Always thought it could be done, but it just required cutting out some of the interior plastic to expose the actual back wall of the cubby. So now I've got 3 outlets in a row. Tried the USB and it worked fine, the MyLink picked it right up. Oh, and programmed the options on the MyLink as well.

Order both the lock rods for the back doors, ordered weatherstrip body sets for the two front doors (chewed up by 109K of police belts hitting the rubber), won an auction on a leather Camaro SS steering wheel (2015), and did a deal for a RF SS Sedan seat and two front SS Sedan door panels. Ordered the SS front for the RH dash, the vent was screwed up on my car and it's just as easy to pull & replace the assembly all at once with the SS piece.

Tomorrow I'm putting on my new Camaro wheels and Eagle Sport tires, got a good deal on four 2016 RS wheels with tires with TPMS sensors with lug nuts. Low mile takeoffs. Bye bye old rusted steelies! The p/n for the wheels I'm using is 22998072.

Tuesday is the visit to the DMV to get the car titled in Florida and transfer a plate I've got sitting to it. Time to pay ye old tax man!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Last week, did an oil change, filled up the tank, gave her a bath and interior cleaning, then put her into storage for the annual winter hibernation.
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

I had my check engine light go off after half a tank of E85 does that count as doing something?
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Sure, why not. If you go more in-depth for the fix, I'd do a separate thread on it.
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

🤔Hmm...
I took a picture of what I didn't do....clean up "auxiliary corner". https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gAUyIa ... p=drivesdk
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

I picked up some used dynomax mufflers off of a Camaro. Definitely going take a bit of work to make them work but for $50 I can’t complain.
2A03C8DD-A36D-47FC-93E3-C5A385F96A0C.jpeg
2A03C8DD-A36D-47FC-93E3-C5A385F96A0C.jpeg (6.36 MiB) Viewed 1982 times
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

Swapped subwoofers today. I had a Phoenix Gold GX12 in the car, it was underwhelming. It sounded mushy, lacked clarity, and was lazy. Swapped to an Audiofrog GB12D4 and I am a happy man now.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
Ridgeppv

Post by Ridgeppv »

Today I ordered all the parts for a cam swap, DOD delete, long tube with full exhaust and 3.45 LSD
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

Ridgeppv wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:01 am Today I ordered all the parts for a cam swap, DOD delete, long tube with full exhaust and 3.45 LSD
Which cam did you go with?