OFFICIAL Master Production List - All Years

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
kevink

Re: OFFICIAL Master Production List - All Years

Post by kevink »

Do we know if this information is accurate? The 2011 numbers, for instance, do not match what has been published elsewhere. Previously, it was thought that there were 880 2011s, but this says that there were 1591.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/ch ... s-figures/

What's Nitrate Silver? The Exterior & Interior Paint Selections guide in the files section of the site states that it's Silver Ice Metallic.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time we've seen a 9C1/9C3 breakdown of any kind.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Ben98gs

Post by Ben98gs »

The information you linked is SALES data. There will be a lag from the production to the actual sale of the vehicle. Case in point... The first 2011 cars were built in Oct. 2010, but the first month with any sales is not until May 2011 according to your link.

As for the colors, the information came from Holden in Aus. where they had different names. Nitrate Silver is US Silver Ice, and Prussian Steel is US Mystic Green.

I would personally rely on this information more than any previous numbers as these were acquired directly from Holden and appear to be mostly consistent with other information (such as the total reported sales).

This topic is about my project to run the actual VINs for RPO codes, but is estimated to take 1.5-2 years as I have to manually run them all through a system that provides the RPO information and only have access to run 1,000 VINs per month (and still have to finish the Chevrolet SS Sedans). Actual RPO codes will give me the ability to come up with my own breakdown of the statistics, but is only as good as the source (which has been pretty reliable on the SS Sedans that have been run).

You can put as much weight as you want on the information, I just figured people would find it interesting and it gives me a continuation/check for my project. You are correct though that this is the first time that this amount of detail has been able to be shared!
2016 Chevrolet SS Sedan - Slipstream Blue / M6 / Sunroof / Spare - 1 of 69 as optioned

Caprice OFFICIAL Master Production List
kevink

Post by kevink »

It's incredible that you got this data. I think most people thought we would never know the 9C1/9C3 breakdown. Now we have that info plus color breakdown. Thanks for sharing it.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I can confirm that I have the "564035" VIN that came to Canada.

So according to this latest info, there were only 3 that came to Canada? I still haven't contacted First Nations Police where they supposedly went. One thing I heard from a colleague was that they got rid of them early because they had to get them serviced in the US. Doesn't make any sense because I got mine serviced by a local dealer for recalls without issues. Just took time to get parts from the US.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Mooseman wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:32 pm I can confirm that I have the "564035" VIN that came to Canada.

So according to this latest info, there were only 3 that came to Canada? I still haven't contacted First Nations Police where they supposedly went. One thing I heard from a colleague was that they got rid of them early because they had to get them serviced in the US. Doesn't make any sense because I got mine serviced by a local dealer for recalls without issues. Just took time to get parts from the US.
You're gonna have to update your signature. :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Thanks VERY much for sharing this info with us! I'm sure that there will need to be some reconciliation on the data through what users can provide. I'm modifying this post to "sticky" status so it stays on top of the thread listing as I'm sure there will be considerable ongoing interest in this data.

I'm curious, any way to determine how many cars were retained by GM for factory/field test/captured test fleet/sales demo use initially? We see cars coming through the dealer auctions periodically, and at that time they are listed as "sold" so it somewhat skews the data. For instance, my old 2011 9C3 was originally a GM fleet demo, it wasn't titled (Florida title) until after it had accumulated roughly 7K miles if I remember correctly, and only at the time it was auctioned (from GM to a GM dealer).

Also it would be interesting to see numbers on how many Caprices that GM is still sitting on, for one reason or another....

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

How did you determine your car was a GM fleet Demo car? My car has a weird origin at a OH dodge dealership that they would not explain to me and I don't see anything looking at Carfax for prior ownership other than they denote it was not a gov fleet vehicle? My 9C3 clearly had been upfitted with a cage and something in trunk but no lights or anything with the wiring, seems very odd combo
119C3NJ

Post by 119C3NJ »

Xcidmigs send me your last 8. I should be able to share some info. I have been working with Ben on 2014-17 SS and have seen alot of PPV vins. Usually will show CVMS on GM system.
2011 9C3 Caprice PPV Phantom Black
1995 MG5 Yukon GT Black
1993 Harley Davidson FLSTC Black
Ben98gs

Post by Ben98gs »

I have found at least another 1,000 VINs... I need to update the file soon, but hope to go through and find more. I try to watch the auctions for the new cars that roll in to possibly find cars that fall in a "gap" and provide another sequence of VINs.
2016 Chevrolet SS Sedan - Slipstream Blue / M6 / Sunroof / Spare - 1 of 69 as optioned

Caprice OFFICIAL Master Production List
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I purchased my car from a GM dealer right outside of the Atlanta area. When I was looking at the car, I was told by the dealership's sales manager that the way they came across the car was that the dealership had requested a demonstrator from GM for the dealer to ride police chiefs around in. The GM Zone Police rep had apparently found this car in inventory being driven in the Detroit area by the company, had it sent to the GM dealer auction and when it was "sold" (whatever that means when it goes GM factory to GM dealer), the original title (with like 7K miles showing) was issued in the name of General Motors. On the driver's sun visor there was a sticky with the Michigan license plate number that was used on the car during factory demonstrator time.

When I purchased the car, I had intention of having the car titled in Florida since that's where I lived. Well, the GM Zone guy lived in Florida and it went through a Florida auction, so the car already had a Florida title while being used at the dealership in Georgia. Had I not intervened with the dealers F&I manager at just the right moment, they would have processed the title transfer through Georgia, had a Georgia title issued, which I would have to turn right around, convert, and have another Florida title issued. So... the dealership was nice to me since I was an ex-LEO. They handed me the complete sale package (everything that they would have filed at their tag agency) & issued me a Georgia temp tag for driveout home. I drove it to Florida, dropped the package in the commercial section of my local tag agency, and WHAM! I was done in 10 minutes. The F&I manager told me that in 32 years of doing his work, this was the first time he had EVER handed a title package to a customer driving out the door. I just got lucky that they were nice people.

Reason I was going through the last paragraph was that since I had the dealer package in-hand to have title issued, I had the original Florida title in hand as well, in the name of General Motors. I provided the copy in the document package I gave the new owner for reference. I thought I still had a scanned copy of it here somewhere, but I can't find it on a quick search.

Pretty definitive.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.