if anyone needs caprice parts near Maryland

Post your Caprice PPV parts & components for sale here.
Forum rules
Acceptable items for posting include OEM new/used replacement parts, aftermarket parts, salvage yard parts, maintenance/repair tools & tooling, service publications, programming equipment, and misc. items for Caprice PPV cars. This forum is moderated, posts from members with less than 5 forum posts may be removed. Any questions please contact a moderator. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Sh00bs

if anyone needs caprice parts near Maryland

Post by Sh00bs »

there's been a BUNCH showing up in Hawkins point LKQ

SORRY BUT I WILL NOT GO BUY PARTS AND SELL / SHIP THEM TO YOU. just putting this here as an FYI if you're looking for something and you live within a few states

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/invento ... ch=caprice
2013PBML77

Re: if anyone needs caprice parts near Maryland

Post by 2013PBML77 »

Thanks for the information. I'm going to visit there tomorrow. The website lists 17 Caprice's: 2 - 2012, 7 - 2014, and 7 - 2015. Let me know if anyone wants me to look for a specific part.
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

they're still rolling in, maybe one a week or so now
2013PBML77

Post by 2013PBML77 »

I was at the yard yesterday. There is a nice Black trunk lid with no antenna holes if anyone is looking for one.

Mark

2013PBML77
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just a few things that I've seen lately that might be in demand either now or down the road. I'm not telling anyone to go stockpile stuff, but hey - if there's demand out there and you happen to run across items with minimal effort to acquire.... well... :) A lot of this stuff is NOT being manufactured any more folks. Just an example - people that picked up rear seat sets for pennies on the dollar as new take-offs from agencies that went with fiberglass perp seats are now selling those for a CONSIDERABLE profit over what they paid for them.

1) Plastic dashboard silver trim pieces (all years), not broken, cracked, or with holes.
2) Rear door lock rods, both sides (14-17).
3) Clean rear door panels for all years. Clean front door panels for that matter. Also window master switch panels, all years.
4) B-Pillar trim with no holes drilled for all years (no nasty cage-mounting holes). Also rear plastic door upper moldings that are clean, no holes. For people wanting to get rid of interior pieces with drilled holes.
5) Clean carpet sets without a bunch of holes, all years. Also OEM floor mats with attaching clips.
6) Trunk plastic mat, all years. Not carved up, dirty or greasy is fine. Those can always be cleaned or plastic painted if needed (Note - WeatherTech does NOT make a fitting mat for our cars!).
7) Inside trunk battery cover flap doors, both sides. Those tend to disappear in fleet service and you're left with a gaping hole that looks fugly.
8) Sun visor clips, both sides.
9) The little GM specialty relays inside the hood fuse box. Those can be hard to correctly source if they go bad, if you buy new they can be $omewhat expen$ive as price$ keep going up!
10) Naturally, clean headlights and tail lights with no holes for strobes or broken clips, etc... Headlights at reasonable prices are pretty much becoming unobtainium. NO AFTERMARKET SWAPS AVAILABLE ON THESE!!

Having been a member of a Volvo club for years, I'm used to members pulling good parts from wrecks fresh at salvage yards and holding them for future need or resale to other members. Sometimes you only get one chance at these parts - and availability is truly random. Wastage of good parts through weathering, other parts scavengers, people that'll wreck half of an interior just to pull one part... seen it all :) Also cherish those u-pull-it yards that have Caprices in them, most "professional" yards will not let you in to take anything off their inventory and they want top dollar for their parts... of course you might also be surprised in what a case of beer will still accomplish :) heh!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
leadfoot

Post by leadfoot »

elc32955 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:05 pm - people that picked up rear seat sets for pennies on the dollar as new take-offs from agencies that went with fiberglass perp seats are now selling those for a CONSIDERABLE profit over what they paid for them.

I'm used to members pulling good parts from wrecks fresh at salvage yards and holding them for future need or resale to other members.
Unfortunately, between the local hoarders and profiteering entrepreneurs there are slim pickins at pennies on the dollar. Back in the day you would buy, sell, swap parts to keep the cars on the road and the hobby going. (AKA swap meets) Today?, -to hell with the car hobby, let's mark up the parts 300% ( that were paid for pennies on the dollar) and hope someone buys it.

Caprices were a secret niche car over five years ago until social media corrupted that niche.
2012 Black PPV beater
2011 Hugo pro-charged sleeper
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Unfortunately, between the local hoarders and profiteering entrepreneurs there are slim pickins at pennies on the dollar. Back in the day you would buy, sell, swap parts to keep the cars on the road and the hobby going. (AKA swap meets) Today?, -to hell with the car hobby, let's mark up the parts 300% ( that were paid for pennies on the dollar) and hope someone buys it.
You can get almost any dealership to do that to you each & every day. I just had an episode with an area dealer's service department working on a car that had a bad Turbo oil line. The Dorman substitute part was averaging around $40 or so from multiple parts sources, sold as new. The "suggested list" by Dorman was $79 . The kindly dealership (Let us NOT say the name aloud!) was very proud to sell that identical aftermarket line at $189. Grrrrr..... Maybe I'll tell the rest of the story in the Lounge sometime soon, but it wasn't pretty - and it's STILL not over!

But yep, in all seriousness things are different nowadays. One unwritten mantra of the car clubs was "Members don't screw other members on parts deals". That has more or less gone by the wayside to a certain extent, but people with integrity and honor are still out there. They may be getting to where they'll need life support soon but they are still kickin'. One of the things that is beginning to really hurt Caprice owners are the economics of scarcity when it comes to some kinds of parts, more widely this will impact probably within the next 12-24 months I'd predict.
Caprices were a secret niche car over five years ago until social media corrupted that niche.
Considering I had one of the first 3 Caprices in the State of Florida in private ownership (before I started the NewCaprice system), myself and a few others (NavyLifer, Pursuit, yourself, the Criswell gang, TomSlick, etc..) have seen all of that from the start. I do sorta kick myself from time to time in not following through with creating a Facebook presence which mirrored this system, but what turned me off is that it was impossible to link the systems together to bridge the great digital chasm between the rest of the world and FB. Unfortunately I don't think that will ever change. The old proverbial story of "what could have been...".
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Sh00bs

Post by Sh00bs »

another swarm of caprice's are coming into Hawkins pt from the city of Baltimore. again please dont ask me to pull any parts for you. im not interested in pulling, selling or shipping. just putting it out there if anyone has a MD contact or if anyone is close. all V6 cars

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/invento ... ch=caprice