GM OEM battery deal

This forum is for vendor specials, website coupon codes, really good sales on parts, or other such bargains. No individual listings for items on sale please!
Forum rules
Please post listings of vendor sales, deals, coupon codes, or hot bargains ONLY. No individually-owned items for sale here please. Listings by members with under 5 forum posts may be removed without warning.
elc32955
System Manager

GM OEM battery deal

Post by elc32955 »

Hey all....

Have a bit of a deal on batteries I ran across. My stock battery is now 7 years old and is the original battery to the car, so I'm going to replace it here directly before it goes Tango Uniform on me. I was pricing out replacements and I came across a deal... The OEM battery for our cars is PN 88864541, it's a H6/48 AGM AC Delco branded battery, 760 CCA now discontinued - last made 2020.

Well, it turns out our cars also take Group 94 batteries, and AC Delco also makes the 88865452, which is only 1/2 inch longer, but is also AGM and 850 CCA. I found an EBAY seller out of Warren, MI that is selling blems of the 88865452 for $149.99 each with free shipping. I can't match that price anywhere down here or mail order, so I'm probably going to bite the bullet and try one. Here's the linky to the item, 6 available in this sale... Date code indicates manufacture in Feb, 2021 on the one that there was pics of.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203725981926

So, there it is for public consumption. I could have gone with the stock battery as EBAY sellers have some posted as well as Rock Auto, Amazon sellers, etc... but it was more expensive and I know they may be older stock. Decided I'd rather have a battery with a better CCA rating.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
HoldOn SV

Re: GM OEM battery deal

Post by HoldOn SV »

Nice price, but if it turns Tangos skyward sans Whiskey, then you're Sierra Oscar Lima. 😛
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

elc32955 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:59 pm Hey all....

Have a bit of a deal on batteries I ran across. My stock battery is now 7 years old and is the original battery to the car, so I'm going to replace it here directly before it goes Tango Uniform on me. I was pricing out replacements and I came across a deal... The OEM battery for our cars is PN 88864541, it's a H6/48 AGM AC Delco branded battery, 760 CCA now discontinued - last made 2020.

Thanks
Eric
i have that battery in stock , and im showing local warehouses with plenty of stock on it
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

That’s a good price. I paid $175.99 for the larger H7 (94R) AGM battery at Costco. The larger H7 battery bolts right in no problem. I think the SLA version was $147. For vehicle lookup I told them it’s for a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

AND... this battery is now on Cyber Monday sale for $134.99 through tomorrow. I contacted the seller and he was nice enough to refund me the difference on the price since I was close enough time-wise. Good people!

Oh, btw the stock battery was also made for a few months into 2021, ran across a seller that had some with February, 2021 date codes. So it's a very recent discontinue apparently, there's probably still a lot of stock on it floating around in various pipelines. The H7 is win win as far as I'm concerned though, higher capacity battery with a turnkey fit.

Also, coincidentally I saw that Walmart apparently discontinued it's H6-AGM battery (branded EverStart) a few months back, also Sam's Club is almost completely out of the Duracell H6-AGM they sell with no resupply coming (no shipping, no club pickup). I'm wondering if a plant assembly line somewhere closed down TBH. I know Johnson Controls makes the Walmart batteries - not sure on the others.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

So what's so special about our batteries? Won't a truck battery fit in there? Mine's probably gonna die after this winter being disconnected in the trunk and no charger in storage. AFAIK, it's the original 2011 battery.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

The H7/94R is used in trucks, so yep a truck battery will fit :) I don't know that it's really anything special, a lot of folks like to stick to all OEM whenever possible and the AC Delco brand is OEM to our cars. There's lots of good batteries that will fit, both flooded and AGM from a number of manufacturers and brand names. But, the AGM's can be expensive and finding the best value for the dollar spent is also important. If an AC Delco battery can last in my car 7 years and still be running strong, I'll gamble on another one - especially if it's a good deal! I want a reliable DD - not a show car, so running a blem battery with a few case scratches is fine with me.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

At worse, could peel the stickers off the old battery and put them on the new non-ACDelco battery for the look. :lol:

Unfortunately I can't take advantage of that deal since I'm in Canada. 10 years on that original battery is phenomenal. I also have the secondary battery I took out and could use in its place. It never saw any use since it was never equipped with anything. It has slightly lower cranking amps but since I use it only in summer, the extra amps aren't really needed. And it's an original ACDelco :D
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just for a quick closeout update, the battery came in fine, bolted up fine, and started up fine. Good deal if I can get at least another 7 years out of it!

Eric