LFX to L77

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
fuzzkill

Re: LFX to L77

Post by fuzzkill »

Sanford wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:31 pm Just a few more tidbits of things you will need to do the swap. The V-6 fuel line comes up on the passenger side and the V-8 line comes up at about the middle of the firewall. Would need a custom flex fuel line if you don’t swap out the metal fuel line. The are also some insulation and heat shields that are different between the two engines around the metal fuel lines. The V-6 and V-8 motor mounts are actually have different OEM numbers. They look alike but there must be some different rubber used. The engine compartment wiring harness the runs through the firewall is also different.
Ah yeah I forgot about the fuel/evap lines, since I needed to do custom ones anyways with the LSA. I wonder what is different in the forward body harness, I didn't think to check that, as I used one from an SS for other reasons.