Air Conditioning Evaporator Thermal Expansion Valve Tube Product ID: 92285455

Discussion on Air Conditioning/Heat & electronic controls for the same, radiators/fans/engine cooling and related items.
Car54

Air Conditioning Evaporator Thermal Expansion Valve Tube Product ID: 92285455

Post by Car54 »

Has anyone replaced Air Conditioning Evaporator Thermal Expansion Valve Tube
Product ID: 92285455? Did you use OEM or does it matter? See em on RA as well.

Its the tube that runs driver side firewall to drivers side condenser.

I managed to snap the line off on the frame rail by the condenser when I took out the radiator and stuff to do the cam swap in the car.

Besides recharging the AC system is there anything else I need to do get the ac running again? It’s the only part of the AC system that I managed to break.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Air Conditioning Evaporator Thermal Expansion Valve Tube Product ID: 92285455

Post by smwalker »

Ones on RA might be OEM as well. Our cars not plentiful enough for the aftermarket to make AC hoses.
May also want to replace the high side port while your system is open. The factory ball valves can be problematic:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3517&start=10#p30150
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
bstoner

Re: Air Conditioning Evaporator Thermal Expansion Valve Tube Product ID: 92285455

Post by bstoner »

X2 on the high side port. Mine was leaking and I replaced it. My A/C leaked at the high side port and top and bottom o-rings of the condenser.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

Might want to hang on to the old hose assembly. They can be repaired some times or they can be a donor to fix another hose. At the rate GM discontinuing parts, there is no telling how long they will be available. Wish I could get my hands on some the old ones that are getting replaced, but with the shape and size, shipping would not make it feasible.
Car54

Post by Car54 »

Thank you all for the feedback, will order the high side valve as well. With the system litterally in the open I do not want to contaminate the system anymore than it has at this point.

The line litterally kinked and broke where it turns 2-3 inches from the flex part going into the bottom of the condensor.

I thought at 1st flaring both ends and putting a connector on it but was advised that it would fail.

Ordering off of RA, getting the valve and calling it done till I can the system recharged.