Bumper crop of Caprices in NC right now!

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
elc32955
System Manager

Bumper crop of Caprices in NC right now!

Post by elc32955 »

Hey everyone!

This is a deal alert! State of North Carolina is liquidating a bunch of 2014 & 2015 Caprices currently on their new state bidding website. Currently there are 11 cars up for bid including a 2011 9C3. I just picked up a 2015 through this sale and will be doing a fly-n-drive to get the car on Wednesday. These cars are all around 100K miles give or take (ranging from 94K to 120K) and are 3.6 cars. So.... they're basically grocery getters but also good daily drivers. Autocheck tells me the one I bought had pretty decent maintenance. As you know, the nice thing about the 2015 & up cars is that the back-up cam is already installed by GM as a standard option, no sourcing harnesses, camera parts, or programming the silver box required. And... on these DPS cars all they had is one set of front door decals (sometimes), other then that they are plain white. Mostly no painting required, hop in and drive. Looks to me like someone's shooting the staff car pool in the head.

So, get on down to North Carolina and pick you up a deal while they're available. With this kind of volume it's basically local dealers sniping cars, and they won't be available forever. I haven't seen a one go for over $5K yet. You have to register for access to the new site, if you had an old account it's wiped out as of March 1.

Check it out! Here's the linky.... https://recoup.bid.assetworks.com/bid/f ... :AI_STORE:

Good luck!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Bumper crop of Caprices in NC right now!

Post by elc32955 »

Just in follow-up, if anyone wants to see what this batch of North Carolina DPS cars looked like on-duty here's a pic I found on Flickr. Follow the linky....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rcsadvmedia/15534398558

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Powder11

Post by Powder11 »

Do you guys know if all of the cars are V8 cars?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Nope, not a V8 in the current bunch. All V6 LFX cars.

Eric
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

AND... that deal bled out quickly. I was trying to pick up a car for my employer (they had a service vehicle totaled last week at the Oklahoma home office) and every Caprice in the batch except one lightly wrecked car went or is going in excess of $5K now. Same dealers squabbling over the limited cars, they're just forking over more dinero now.

Have to watch the site to see if more cars get sent to sale soon...

Eric
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just in closure, State of NC sold the last Caprice out of the big pool this morning for just under $7K. 2014 with 91K miles that was a re-auction (someone must have defaulted on a bid). So far mine has done pretty well all things considered, if you're looking for a Caprice for basic transportation these cars are the ticket. No pursuit work and no spotlights, just shuttling happy campers back and forth from Jail A to Prison B and various other destinations.

We'll see when the next batch hits the sale lot.

Eric