Holden Showdown - Cecil County Dragway - 10/19/19

Upcoming events (car shows, racing, meets, conferences, etc....) of interest to our community. Also forum member meetups - either solo to Caprices or with other car groups such as informal cruise-in's, etc....
BAZTEK

Holden Showdown - Cecil County Dragway - 10/19/19

Post by BAZTEK »

This is the second Holden event I will be hosting at Cecil County Dragway, in Rising Sun, MD. Last year's showdown had amazing weather so keep your fingers crossed for equally as good a day for this event!

This go around I am going to be doing things a little differently starting with the price of admission. Since we had such a great turnout for the Showdown, the owner of the track agreed to lower the entrance fee to $125 per car - $100 per car to race and $25 goes towards prize money!!! For the $125 entry I must guarantee 50 cars racing so early registration is a must. Otherwise, it will be $150 at the gate. This protects the track and I from having to eat a LOT of money if folks don't show up.

That being said, like last time I will be soliciting other groups, like CTS-V, Dodge boys, etc...I'd like to welcome the East Coast Impala Racing Series to the Showdown this year...not sure if folks will be able to handle all the damn doors at this event!!! SO. MANY. SEDANS!!!! I honestly don't care what you bring as long as you pay, you play! Simple enough!

There will be NO Pro Mods this time unless you are a Holden or I cleared you to go. I want this to be a more street-friendly event. Spectators and crew will be $10 at the gate.

- Dave
Click to see the banner
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5DD323C8
Mike Baz