Steering wheel controls

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
'14MOBMike

Steering wheel controls

Post by '14MOBMike »

Has anyone found an adapter that will retain the steering wheel controls for an aftermarket head unit? I don't mind rewiring the constant 12v, key on and ground, but would like to keep the steering wheel controls if possible.
DirtNapPat

Re: Steering wheel controls

Post by DirtNapPat »

Its kinda a loaded question, cause it is dependent upon the head unit you use as well as what adapter you use. PAC sells some stuff for steering wheel audio engagement. Some systems out there can learn and operate VIA the decks remote. Others will tie into the head units control input on the back of the deck. Thats why it is good to explore what combo you are using. Since many of the cars body control functions operate through the head unit..you need to be choosy. Another option you may look into would be GPS Made to fit. While expensive..it pretty much retains all the factory functionality and adds more. Im pretty happy with the factory unit so I cant speak from experience.
https://www.gpsmadetofit.com.au/store/product/p_3125290
Forums> Facebook Groups....always

"The day you die is just like any other, only shorter." ..Samuel Beckett
'14MOBMike

Re: Steering wheel controls

Post by '14MOBMike »

Thank you very much for the info. I have used PAC in the past in my GM SUVs and they do work very well. I'm going to keep looking for a head unit that will play ball with the CANBUS system and see what I can find. Thanks again for the help.