Low beam Headlights seem to

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Josephkushner

Re: Low beam Headlights seem to

Post by Josephkushner »

Does anyone else have the problem that their headlights are always on? There is a daylight sensor in the center of the dashboard almost by the windshield... does that do anything? Every time I start my car my headlights turn on and stay on and that's pretty annoying. I could flip the switch to shut the automatic lamps off but then the next time I start my car it turns back on automatically and it's beginning to piss me off. I searched the forums and people are talking about BCM reprogramming for daytime running lights but that's not my issue here, my issue here is that the headlights are always on.
I have a 2012 9c1 setup and yes my interior lights do not turn on when I open the door-that's the BCM thingamidooey. Anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance

(Not sure why my signature doesn't show up here with the info of my vehicle in the signature... But that's an issue for another time)
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

That would be the daytime running lights, especially if the parking lights don't turn on with them. They are mandatory in Canada for safety and GM decided to have them for all their vehicles since the 90's. I don't understand why some people are so resistant to having them. Admit it, you notice vehicles more during the day with headlights on.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Josephkushner

Post by Josephkushner »

So you're saying my headlights are never on it's just my daytime running lights? Now that you say that it's interesting because I never see an indicator on the dashboard that says my headlights are on but at night my dash does light up as opposed to by day when it's so dark I can barely see it

I just put in new bulbs to the eyebrow lights aren't those the daytime running lights?
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Your low beam headlights are used as daytime running lights. There are two circuits that feed the low beam headlights. One circuit is controlled by the BCM and a relay. The other circuit is controlled by the headlight switch. The low beam headlights will be more noticeable than your parking lights/taillight circuits.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

During the day, while on DRL, the headlights are actually at about 70%. As it gets dark, the light sensor on the dash will turn on the full headlights with parking and dash lights. The eyebrow lights are just decorative and turn on with the parking lights.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419