SS Traction / Parking Controls Button Connector Information

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

SS Traction / Parking Controls Button Connector Information

Post by smwalker »

Looked this information up today and thought it would come in handy for folks doing the SS console swap.
This is for the switch in the center console that has the traction button and the parking sensor buttons. Many folks have repurposed one of the parking sensor buttons for the sport button. Will include the wiring diagram for hooking that up.

Switch
SS Traction control button.jpg
SS Traction control button.jpg (132.72 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
Pinout:
SS Traction Button.png
SS Traction Button.png (159.7 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
SS Traction Button Pinout.png
SS Traction Button Pinout.png (124.48 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
Connector information
Yazaki YESC Kaizen Connector Female Housing 7283-9040-30

Not many places carry the full line of Yazaki connectors. Nexus does but has a 10 piece minimum.
https://nexelec.com/YAZAKI-7283904030/

Mouser now carries some Yazaki, they have this one in multiples of one:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ya ... WCpg%3D%3D

Terminal Information
Even though this is a Yazaki product about 4 of the manufacturers have agreed to use the same terminal design.
So these are the same ones used in the:
SS Shifter Plug
Gm Receptacle AUX In Plug
WN clock spring when doing paddle shifters
HUD Plug

Manufacturer (JST) Part # SAIT-A02T-M064

Wiring Diagram of Switch
S48E is the designation of the switch we are talking about. The traction control and the object detection is separated out in the diagrams.

Object Detection:
https://www.chiltonlibrary.com/content/ ... 922975.pdf

Traction Control:
https://www.chiltonlibrary.com/content/ ... 921609.pdf
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Re: SS Traction / Parking Controls Button Connector Information

Post by s/c'd cav »

this is one of my plans , also want to make the parking brake switch work for the SS electronic parking brake
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Got a supply of the connectors and terminals and made up a test pigtail for a member who bought a HUD harness from me.
Included about 5 feet of wire I think that is enough to reach from the center console to the back of the headlight switch area.
Since they do not make a mating connector for the sport and traction plugs only option is splicing in wires or just chopping off the factory connectors and doing butt connectors. If you do cut them both off you will have an Extra Ground and Yellow LED back light wire loose in there. Actually you could use the extra LED back light wire to the one LED back light wire coming off the HUD harness.

Will include the wire color hook up's needed at the traction and sport buttons.
sport traction wire color.png
sport traction wire color.png (51.97 KiB) Viewed 1601 times

I set the wiring to use the traction button and the middle button for the Sport mode. I included a white bundle of wire for the third switch if you ever find a use for it. It also sends out a momentary ground signal when pushed.
IMG_20211122_110226.jpg
IMG_20211122_110226.jpg (992.95 KiB) Viewed 1601 times
Pinouts on Sport and Traction Buttons from car.
WN Sport Mode PInout.png
WN Sport Mode PInout.png (51.77 KiB) Viewed 1601 times
WN Traction Mode PInout.png
WN Traction Mode PInout.png (53.43 KiB) Viewed 1601 times
Will start adding this pigtail as an option when ordering the HUD harness for $39. Some guys are not using the SS switch so they wont need it.

Wish we could find a way to relabel the center SS switch from Parking cones to Sport mode, or a gear or something.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
PPVOS

Post by PPVOS »

So, can these buttons be wired to do anything or is it more complicated than needs to be to say turn on accessory lighting? For instance, I have strobes I want to install, can I use one of these buttons to activate them in a slick way?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The lower button also seems to provide a momentary ground when pressed. As we have seen with the fog lights in the 14+ the momentary ground is not as great to have as the on / off ground we have in the 11-13's fog light switch. So it could be used where you would need a momentary ground to activate something. But if you wanted to convert it to an all the time ground you would need a module called a latching ladder relay module. Some discussion of that in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1885#p15888

And just a lesson on reading schematics this symbol inside the switch is for a momentary ground switch.
momentary switch symbol.png
momentary switch symbol.png (1.53 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
Switch Detail:
switch detail.png
switch detail.png (49.38 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
As you can see wire #1 is activated by the momentary ground switch. But look at Wire #7? No switch symbol??? Think I may have to map out that switch to see what turns on what. There is a LED in one of the switches and it seems like the BCM determines if that is to be on or not. LED Symbol below:
LED Symbol.png
LED Symbol.png (5.61 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Pic of the extension harness wired up before the heat shrink was sealed. As you can see if you are doing the HUD at the same time you can steal one of the LED backlight wires and send it to the connector for the HUD adjusting switch. Saves a splice to the headlight switch harness.

imageedit_13_9586366719.gif
imageedit_13_9586366719.gif (675.03 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White