Rear power window help - again

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
kaylin4u

Rear power window help - again

Post by kaylin4u »

Okay guys, I've already fixed one problem on my old caprice not controlling the rear windows. Not only they disconnect the blue wire under (back) of the passenger seat, but they cut it at the boot on the drivers side. On this other caprice I got, I'm having a little more difficulty trying to find out where they may have cut it. Connected the blue wire behind the passenger seat and I already checked my boot on the drivers door (wires too). I also tested the connector for the power window regular on the back windows with the front & rear switch and not getting a 12v signal either way. So they must have cut it somewhere else.

I've checked the switch and not getting anywhere with this. I'm stumped and really don't want to pull up the vinyl flooring. I've looked over the wiring diagram too and it seems simple, so if anyone has other experiences and can chime in on where else I can check, I'd appreciate it. Just trying to figure this out.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Rear power window help - again

Post by smwalker »

Using the wiring diagram just check for continuity between the switches. Like you said the rears are a simple circuit. Should be able to detect a broken wire.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
kaylin4u

Post by kaylin4u »

Steve, checked continuity and blue wire from the connector behind the passenger seat all the way up to switch is good. Also, pulled switch and ensured it was working correctly between the green and blue...the problem is I'm not getting a 12 signal to that one green wire that supplies 12 volts to the switch panel. Where would they have cut this at? Pulled boot off door panel it it seems fine too.
Attachments
green_wire.jpg
green_wire.jpg (66.22 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
kaylin4u

Post by kaylin4u »

After putting a wire toner on it and digging into the cavity past the boot area (car side), I found out they cut the dark green 12v supply. On my last Caprice they cut the dark blue one. I was able to find the problem on my last Caprice quickly but since they cut it so deep it was harder to find.
Attachments
PXL_20210916_220806395.jpg
PXL_20210916_220806395.jpg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 1662 times