Tire sensors and other options?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
leonpiper69

Tire sensors and other options?

Post by leonpiper69 »

So my tire sensors all show faults, dealer said all police cars do.

Oil shows 0% life and I can't change or fix any of it. I think I am pretty sure I figured out that the left steering wheel scroll button when you push it is enter but not 100% sure on how to work things since I can't even try since the button doesn't work.

Is there any info anyone knows of I can read on how it all works? I also wanted to make my light flash when I lock the doors but under the options thing is says something about no options. Kinda stumped
PPVOS

Re: Tire sensors and other options?

Post by PPVOS »

2014 or newer?

Twist the lever for different options. Push the button on the end to reset the stuff. Hold it in. It should give the option to reset.
You need a device for Tire sensors to reset them.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

leonpiper69 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:41 am So my tire sensors all show faults, dealer said all police cars do.

Oil shows 0% life and I can't change or fix any of it. I think I am pretty sure I figured out that the left steering wheel scroll button when you push it is enter but not 100% sure on how to work things since I can't even try since the button doesn't work.

Is there any info anyone knows of I can read on how it all works? I also wanted to make my light flash when I lock the doors but under the options thing is says something about no options. Kinda stumped
Leon,
Some comments/questions are in order - as already requested, what year model PPV, what mileage, is there an owners manual that came with the car?

First question: are you sure there are sensors in the wheels? If you've just acquired the car, that's one thing, but if you've had it awhile and the TPMS has suddenly gone to fault status, you may have to dig deeper. Dealer (are you talking about where you purchased the car?) gave you a BS answer - "all police cars do"....is crap.

Second question: stock wheels?

Third: Oil Life is a simple reset process - procedure in OM. Assuming no change across years, my 2011 manual says turn key to ON without actually starting the engine (position where key would be with engine running after start), depress throttle pedal fully 3 times within 5 seconds. This resets the Oil Life Monitor to 100%. There are other ways, but this is the most common, and has been the method GM has used for as long as they've been using an Oil Life Monitor.

Fourth: As a police vehicle, flashing lights are undesireable - you would need a programming fix and BCM (body control module) reflash, most likely. You need to communicate with WAMS (Chris White) about this, if it's really important to you.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

On a 11-13 you can scroll to the “Customize Option” and get into the “Security” file and you can select the option of lights flashing when locking and unlocking.
leonpiper69

Post by leonpiper69 »

Finally figured it out, The "enter" button doesn't work all the time. I got pissed and really mashed it and it worked. Then wiggling it while pressing it let me in the menu.

I was able to get the lights to flash on lock/unlock but sadly horn looks to not be an option.

I was also able to reset the oil life but it took a bunch of fiddling with the button.

Stock wheels and after the battery died and I replaced it the LR read 38psi and the rest were still --. After another start they are all --.

I am going to order new sensors and eventually swap them out.

No Owners manual at all sadly.

I did order the Solo Perf axle back exhaust.

Hopefully will have time soon to do some stereo upgrade but I want to work on my humvee and put my new 12 bolt rear in my chevelle. Just working a lot.
#802PalmBeach

Post by #802PalmBeach »

Is there a way to INITIATE Tire Pressure Sensor LEARN WITHOUT holding unlock and lock on the FOB WITHOUT needing a scan tool?

My fob buttons are broken and I am working on getting a new one, keep having to borrow a scan tool to initiate my sensors.

Also, how does the fob come apart to change the battery?? I've already broken the old one trying to take the key separate. Key one came only with the plastic of course and must be programmed "somehow".

Thanks in advance !!!!!!
'12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77
30 to 70 MPH in 4.0 seconds so far

'02 Silverado 5.3 L59
8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile)

YouTube channel
leonpiper69

Post by leonpiper69 »

I would recommend staring a new thread. I am just getting to know my caprice as well so have no idea about any of that stuff.
#802PalmBeach

Post by #802PalmBeach »

Understood, both of my issues have been resolved and sorry to hijack :)
'12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77
30 to 70 MPH in 4.0 seconds so far

'02 Silverado 5.3 L59
8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile)

YouTube channel