Remote start range

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
79sevillecoupe

Remote start range

Post by 79sevillecoupe »

On my previous 2014 caprice, I had the remote with the flip key, and it had a remote start range of close to 500’ with line of sight view. My current 2011 9c3 only has a range of maybe 60-80’, if I’m lucky. Does anyone know where the antenna for the remote start is located? I’ve replaced the battery in my fob and the change in range is negligible. I was also wondering if the remote start receiver from a 2014 would be a plug and play for the 2011 model? I know the 2011-2013 uses 314.9MHz for its operating frequency, which is also used for the TPMS to communicate to the car as well. The 2014-2017 uses 315 MHz, for remote and TPMS. I know that the two keys are not interchangeable, but I would rather put the 2014 receiver in if possible so I can get the same range back that I used to have. Maybe this won’t fix my problem, but I figured it would be worth a shot. I have a couple of brand new key fobs for the 2014 laying around, and have already done the key mod for the 2011 key to fit into the flip out part. Once I programmed the key, the car would start with the key, but would not respond to the lock/unlock or remote start/trunk open commands(due to the frequency difference). I’m guessing the security chip in the keys are the same, since it took to programming. I’m also planning on putting in new tire sensors. My question is would this be possible? Does anyone know if they use the same connectors? Would this receiver be the same as the TPMS receiver?
GammaFlat

Re: Remote start range

Post by GammaFlat »

Before I went to the 12 volt solutions remote, my remote range was less than I could spit.
To sync up a new key, you need to do three things.
  • cut the key to the correct shape
  • sync up the immobilizer
  • sync up remote features
IIRC.. The remote features are done in the menus (dic)
The immobilizer is using a good key and a new key immediately after. Sounds like you did that already.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Here's a good write-up on syncing up a key: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtop ... 602#p31602
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

i know the G8 guys have range issues and use the same remote the 11-13's have , check with what they do to extend the range , i believe it was adding a wire and running it along the roof line from back to the front