Headunit replacement

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
GammaFlat

Re: Headunit replacement

Post by GammaFlat »

Great! :D

I see you have a bluetooth connection as well. That (White solution) is probably what I should have done (I did the $1K Aussie radio). I would have saved a lot of money and gotten most of the bang.
Keep us posted about what you do with your trunk release. It is arguable that you need do nothing. You should be able to open your trunk from inside the car or your key fob. With a dead battery, you'd need a jump from under the hood to get it open. I've considered just running the "pull cable" into the passenger area. Steve did a neat thing with the key being under the fuel door....
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Z09SS

Post by Z09SS »

Got the wires all routed and tucked away!

Moving the trunk key to the top of the parcel shelf will be the next mod.

Got to get a lot of things out of the way to be able to drill holes without ruining something.
GammaFlat wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:53 pm Great! :D

I see you have a bluetooth connection as well. That (White solution) is probably what I should have done (I did the $1K Aussie radio). I would have saved a lot of money and gotten most of the bang.
I went with a stock Aussie radio from LSXtreme. Almost $700 shipped. The nav is fun in what's changed since the card was published... And it's in metric; which is dusting off some synapses from being stationed in Europe.
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

I been robbed! I paid 1K. You paid 700?
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Z09SS

Post by Z09SS »

GammaFlat wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:20 pm I been robbed! I paid 1K. You paid 700?
I happened to hit their site when they were running a sale. The Nav upgrade was essentially free.

My $700 got me a silver box, GPS antenna, USB cables and the video connector.