Compatibility between G8 and PPV BCM

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Hvychvy

Compatibility between G8 and PPV BCM

Post by Hvychvy »

I was wanting to get my 2011 9C3 programmed for autostart along with getting it set up for Fog light control using factory G8 harness. Are the two BCMs compatable or will I have to send in my PPV BCM?
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Compatibility between G8 and PPV BCM

Post by Pursuit »

Keep in mind that there is no wire/or circuit in the PPV harness from the PPV headlight switch to the BCM. And then there is no wire/or circuit from the PPV BCM out to the engine compartment to where the G8 relay would be. The G8 relay in the G8 fuse box is replaced with a fuel monitoring circuit for the PPV.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Hvychvy

Post by Hvychvy »

Thanks for the clarification. Grumble grumble grumble can't be simple :( ..I guess I will try using the tutorial SMWalker wrote.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I am not sure what you mean by "using the G8 harness" as you would have to replace the entire dash harness just to integrate the what 1 wire? for the fog lights. So if you are sending in your BCM for the remote start by all means activate the fog lights feature. But wiring wise you will just be adding on to the PPV harness. Completely doable. But may want to measure the cost of it Vs. what you get. In the 11-13's all programming of the BCM gets you over wiring it around the BCM is the Fog light Icon on the instrument cluster. And hell I am not even sure we have that on there now that I think of it??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White