Panic Alarm Randomly Trips

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
NJ_9C3

Panic Alarm Randomly Trips

Post by NJ_9C3 »

Hello, lately I’ve noticed the panic alarm will activate on my car. When the alarm trips, the car has always been in park and off. Any ideas what could be causing this? I’ve owned this car for nearly five years, and this is the first time this has been happening since owning it. Thanks in advance.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Panic Alarm Randomly Trips

Post by smwalker »

I think most of our cars the panic alarm does not even work. Think it's turned off from the factory.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
NJ_9C3

Post by NJ_9C3 »

I was under the same impression. It doesn’t work on remote. I’ve only noticed it work when I try to unlock the car using the key rather than the remote. Aside from that, and this random tripping while in park and shut off, I’ve never had it work.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Do they have a content theft alarm? Some GM's have this as an option and is mostly for the case of a window getting broken and the door opened without the Fob or key. It can be set off if you sit inside the car, lock the doors with the Fob, wait a few minutes and unlock a door manually and open it. I think it also sets it off with the unlock button.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
NJ_9C3

Post by NJ_9C3 »

Yes, my car does have this option (I believe you’re referring to a blinking amber light on the gauge cluster when the car is off and locked). Is there a way to disable it?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Oh yea that is not really the panic but rather the alarm. It is on option in the TIS programming.

As to why it is going off:: I would conjecture that maybe the wire in the door boot is making intermittent contact. The key signal has to tell the alarm to disengage if it does not get the signal it things some one jimmied the door.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White