How To: Fog Light Wiring

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: How To: Fog Light Wiring

Post by smwalker »

Fudgehog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:44 am Sounds good. I'm looking at either the ebay lights or the stock SS lights, I just was wary not having the harness if I bought stock lights. I'd be happy to buy a harness if it worked fine, but I'm also content with having the fog lights on an old fashioned toggle switch or remote. I don't wish to buy the dash switch to make it "factory".

Wiring power and ground and maybe a signal wire or relay or two sounds easier to me than tapping into the fuse box. I just don't want more work if there's an easier way.
IF you want easy the Aftermarket kits will be your best bet as they are everything from the switch to the lights. THe SS harness you posted will only get you to the body connector for the bumper so you would still have to come up with relays, power, fuse and switch wiring. You have an 11-13 correct? You do not want to do a G8 switch for the fogs? That's an easy one! Better than a regular old toggle.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

I was looking at this ebay kit posted in the other fog light thread. Yeah mines a 13.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-New-Dual- ... Swvg9XZ2lH

The other lighting color would probably bother me and honestly an old fashioned toggle would be fine with me. It has holes in its roof and was a police car. What's another hole drilled in a knee bolster lol?

But then I don't know. Running an inline fuse, relay, power and ground seems easier than making it factory at the expense of a little more mess.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

its far easier getting the harness ive posted from amazon , for 15ish its fused and has a switch , plugs right into the driving lights , there is enough wire to get everything to the fuse box , there is a ground there , and power

from there its just a matter of getting a single wire from inside the car to the light harness , then a power and ground for the switch
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Can you repost that link for me or PM it? That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Sounds easy enough, I would prefer to do it that way.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Fudgehog wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:14 pm Can you repost that link for me or PM it? That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Sounds easy enough, I would prefer to do it that way.
here you go

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IS ... Qq7f2OFFI8