correct headliner material?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
xcidmigs

Re: correct headliner material?

Post by xcidmigs »

Bringing this back from the dead 3 years later I am going to actually do it. I can't believe no one else has had to replace one, anyone want to speculate on the correct matching color? Or post up pics of an alternative?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261684321405?u ... bbffd7bfb7
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

maybe send them a sample from yours, since you are replacing it?
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

I know this post is a couple years old but I'm really tired of looking at my horrible droopy headliner, I just got a quote of $850 to put new fabric that's close. :(
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
Hayk

Post by Hayk »

I was just scrolling through the forum and noticed nobody in this thread was able to identify the material.

I am not sure if those of you who were interested went with the original tan headliner, but all of my caprices I reupholstered with black headliner material for a G8. It matches perfectly with G8 black visors as well. I also painted all upper piller trims in black.

Here is the link to the G8 headliner material, I got 3 yards just to be safe, and it was enough to even reupholster my rear deck cover after I cut out and installed G8 speaker grills.

http://headlinerdoctor.com/headliner-fa ... ontiac-g8/
'11 White Caprice 9C3
'14 Silver Caprice 9C1
'11 White Caprice 9C1
'13 Silver Tahoe PPV
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

Hayk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:05 pm I was just scrolling through the forum and noticed nobody in this thread was able to identify the material.

I am not sure if those of you who were interested went with the original tan headliner, but all of my caprices I reupholstered with black headliner material for a G8. It matches perfectly with G8 black visors as well. I also painted all upper piller trims in black.

Here is the link to the G8 headliner material, I got 3 yards just to be safe, and it was enough to even reupholster my rear deck cover after I cut out and installed G8 speaker grills.

http://headlinerdoctor.com/headliner-fa ... ontiac-g8/
Did you just pull off the stock headliner and glue up the new stuff?
Hayk

Post by Hayk »

Wow totally missed this notification to reply.

I pulled the old headliner out of the car (bending a little bit) through the right rear door with the door seal removed.
Then I pulled off the old fabric, and used a wire brush and got the old foam off the headliner itself. I then cleaned the surface with some alcohol.
I used the 3M 38808 adhesive as the glue and worked the new fabric mentioned previously into place.
'11 White Caprice 9C3
'14 Silver Caprice 9C1
'11 White Caprice 9C1
'13 Silver Tahoe PPV