Rear seat belt replacement

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Car54

Rear seat belt replacement

Post by Car54 »

The drivers side rear seatbelt tensioner went.

I got replacement one from Days parts yard.

How in the world do you get to the upper part of the seatbelt?

I have the entire rear seat out of the car and the plastic cover over the tensioner off.

Do you need to take the package tray off as well?
JRWolff

Re: Rear seat belt replacement

Post by JRWolff »

Yes - package tray has to come out. Good thing is you have most of the work already done. You will need to remove the 3 metal tethers on the top of the package shelf and I believe 4 push pins across the front that are normally hidden by the seat. Also the other plastic cover over the passenger side belt. Once that is done, shelf slides right out. Be careful to slide it straight as there are 4 clips on the rear of it that can break if you come out uneven from side to side.
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National
justinh_tx

Re: Rear seat belt replacement

Post by justinh_tx »

I'm searching for rear seat belts currently and haven't had much luck figuring out what I even need to be looking for. My 2013 Caprice PPV came only with the center tensioner. It technically has receivers for the side seats but they are mounted up where you'd usually find the "pull-down" portion of the buckle and I'm not even sure they are (or compatible with) stock Caprice components.

I've read that the G8/SS rear tensioners are not interchangeable. I hadn't heard of Day's Parts, so I looked them up. Their website doesn't seem to list anything Caprice specific, so I'm curious what tensioners you bought. Surely there are some other GM vehicles that use the same seat belt hardware, but I have thus far been unable to find a list (if one exists).

Looking for rear side seat tensioners and all three latches/receivers (Part # and/or model cross reference would be greatly appreciated).