Sun Visor

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
BamaCaprice

Sun Visor

Post by BamaCaprice »

Anyone know if there is a certain make or model car that has the same length sun visors. I have changed the color of my headliner, (A,B &C) Pillars from tan to black and now I only lack the visors. It would be great to know if I can change them out with some donor cars already black sun visors. My concerns of course would be length and mounting within the factory cut mounting holes in the headliner. Anyone ever tried this ? Or have a better suggestion ?
s/c'd cav

Re: Sun Visor

Post by s/c'd cav »

11-13 can use the G8 visors , which came black , along with the A and B pillar trim

14-17 there is no black option

otherwise youll need a interior shop to recover your visors , or use a fabric dye on them
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I think even for the 14+ you can still use the G8. Same bolt up as far as I know.

But the G8 ones are getting old now. Recovering will probably always be needed and they are tough ones to do. Some kind of clips at the end that lock in the fabrick. And of course the clips are plastic so they be breaking.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
JRWolff

Post by JRWolff »

I just saw a set online at a yard in Michigan. Their web address is highway-autoparts.com. They do not show a price, but published prices on other items seem to be reasonable.
Good luck!
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National