2012 seat motor not working

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
leonpiper69

2012 seat motor not working

Post by leonpiper69 »

Just picked mine up today and the switch for tilting the seat is stuck all the way up in the front. Super annoying as it's way too high.

I haven't had a chance to tear into it yet but figured I would see if anyone has seen this before (typical problem? etc) I think the motor is bad but I would be fine with just manually lowering it. I know on some cars there are ways to move them front and back manually.

It clicks if you push to go up but no sound when you push to go down.
leonpiper69

Re: 2012 seat motor not working

Post by leonpiper69 »

Got it sorted out this morning.

The motor was either jammed really hard in the full up position or it was put their many years ago and rusted in place.

After removing the seat I was able to rotate the worm gear and heard a small POP. Thought I maybe broke something but it moves up and down now with the
the button like it should.....but I am NOT going to put it in the full up position to test it. I will however spray some lithium grease on it just in case because it was pretty dry.