WM Caprice spoiler's on!

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
elc32955
System Manager

WM Caprice spoiler's on!

Post by elc32955 »

OK, finally got my car back from the body shop. The WM Caprice spoiler really does change the whole look of the rear end of the car....

Spoiler is fairly solid, it's both bolted to the trunk lid and attached with strong double-sided tape. So, it should be fairly secure unless someone decides to do pull-ups on it.

Thanks again to C.P. for another good deal! Here's a pic...
Spoiler 2 small.JPG
Spoiler 2 small.JPG (102.99 KiB) Viewed 9469 times
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
gregc

Re: WM Caprice spoiler's on!

Post by gregc »

Yes, the spoiler does make the back end look better. It also differentiates it from the W-body Impala, since a lot of unknowing people seem to think our cars are FWD Impalas with a Caprice badge on it. The muffler shop thought I just slapped a Caprice badge as well as the V8 badges on the fenders on a FWD Impala. When he opened the hood, he was surprised to see a longitude 6.0 V8 and the rear end was rear drive. But I will confuse people even more when I replace the Caprice badge with an Impala badge.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Oh good lord Greg, you are DEVIOUS! I'd love to see people try to figure that one out..... and double points for you if you put the LS badge on as well :)
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Troutman

Post by Troutman »

Looks good! I have the same spoiler on mine (it's optional in Australia). I really like your exhaust tips too.

A small and easy mod I can recommend is the shortened antenna. You can get them from eBay. Though some of the G8 guys have gone for the shark fin setup as fitted to the Buick Park Avenue and Daewoo Veritas which is even cooler again. :D