Front bumper reinforcements

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
anwat

Re: Front bumper reinforcements

Post by anwat »

Glad i didn't wait for those reinforcements. They came last Friday. The east coast guys sent two driver's side brackets, so they had to be sent back. They reshipped, and I picked them up last week. So it's all back together correctly now. There's a little bit of preload on the front end, but I was able to get all the nuts and screws back in Seams are all straight, and everything looks good. Only thing I'm noticing is my parking lights don't work. bulbs are good, but neither one work. Sounds like a job for the next time the bumper is off.

Thanks for the help!
CrashTestDummy

Re: Front bumper reinforcements

Post by CrashTestDummy »

IIRC, the harness for the parking lights is on the passenger side of the car, behind the right side of the bumper cover, or just below the front edge of the passenger side fender. When I installed the driving lights in our '12, I had to plug that harness back into the harness on the car. It was a royal PITA to do. I think the monkeys doing the downfitting used a pair of vise grips on the thing, distorting something in it so plugging it in was quite the hassle. Both connectors looked good, the sockets looked good, it was just something not quite right that caused me the most heartburn of the whole project.

This is the offending connector I'm talking about:

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?