New member from Georgia

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Da_Blackxican

New member from Georgia

Post by Da_Blackxican »

Hello fellow earthlings,

My name is Mac, I own a 2013 Chevrolet Caprice that I picked up from Florida been loving the car ever since. But recently I ran into an issue where in the beginning of last year the number 4 piston obliterated and bent the rod, so it was down for some time until March of this year found a 6.2 for a good deal I thought, got it from a buddy who knew a guy selling it from his burned up Escalade. Went ahead got a got the whole top end replaced with new goodies :twisted: and new gaskets and seals all the way around. After installing the cam and such start up went great went to the exhaust shop to finish the exhaust and after I left the exhaust shop before I can pull into the fuel station the bottom end starts knocking :( :lol: :x. So now I’m back down but I’ll pulling it out shortly to let the machine shop(D&A machine shop) inspect it and see what’s really going on. Definitely looking to get back in it, meet other members and enjoying the car more.
Attachments
IMG_2377.jpeg
IMG_2377.jpeg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 700 times
2013 Chevrolet Caprice
-6.2(L92) currently knocking bottom end :(
-BTR stage 4 cam w/supporting mods
-Circle D 4K stall
-Speed engineering LTH to x pipe to factory mufflers(H.O.A :x )
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT 2WD
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New member from Georgia

Post by elc32955 »

Wow, you've had a go of it with engine issues for such a new car to you. But, get the 6.2 fixed and it'll be a keeper!

Welcome!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Nice looking. Sorry to hear about your bad luck but looks like you caught it early enough before any real damage happened.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Da_Blackxican

Post by Da_Blackxican »

elc32955 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:34 pm Wow, you've had a go of it with engine issues for such a new car to you. But, get the 6.2 fixed and it'll be a keeper!

Welcome!
Eric
Yeah very unfortunate for me. Plan is to remove the engine soon as I get settled into my new home get the 6.2 fixed tossing the idea of going aftermarket rods and pistons to handle power just a 200-300 shot of good juice. Have a fun weekend warrior street car.
2013 Chevrolet Caprice
-Circle D 4K stall
Da_Blackxican

Post by Da_Blackxican »

Mooseman wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:03 pm Welcome! Nice looking. Sorry to hear about your bad luck but looks like you caught it early enough before any real damage happened.
Appreciate it. Yeah going to remove it and get things looked at I just want to get back in my vehicle and enjoy.
2013 Chevrolet Caprice
-Circle D 4K stall
Da_Blackxican

Post by Da_Blackxican »

So I finally got the engine removed and taken to the machine shop. So it wasn’t the bottom end. I did a rookie mistake when my L77 number 4 piston blew up material got into the intake of course. And I didn’t even think to look into the intake to clean it or anything and when I put my 6.2 back together I slapped that back on and sucked in the left over piston material and it was tapping against the head and piston. The way it sounded i thought it was the bottom end but it was the top end. But I am getting it rectified so I can get riding again. I’ll be back soon.
2013 Chevrolet Caprice
-Circle D 4K stall
EmpireState9c1

Post by EmpireState9c1 »

Glad to hear you're getting up and going again! I bet that 6.2 is gonna sing under that hood for you real soon!
Da_Blackxican

Post by Da_Blackxican »

EmpireState9c1 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:23 pm Glad to hear you're getting up and going again! I bet that 6.2 is gonna sing under that hood for you real soon!
I’m definitely looking forward to it. Didn’t get a chance to fully enjoy it wasn’t even tuned after I got exhaust put on.
2013 Chevrolet Caprice
-Circle D 4K stall