Loving my PPV

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Bryanwey

Loving my PPV

Post by Bryanwey »

I saw my car online at a dealership 75 miles away...I was going to buy it if still there on a Monday I had off. The Friday before, much to my dismay, I saw the car on the tarmac behind work; Unbeknownst to me, a coworker was looking at the same car, and had brought another coworker (who owns a Ford Interceptor) along to check it out. If the one didn't buy it, the other would have....

My friend dailied it for 2 months, then got a job offer 1000 miles away, and offered it to me. He had put an exhaust, radiator, and new harmonic balancer in it.

Today marks 2 full weeks with the car. I have upgraded lighting (2degree Whelan LED spotlight), LED headlights, LED Brake & reverse lights, along with requisite load resistors. LED tag light w/camera installed, LED dome lights. Mounted LED long range driving lamps beneath push bar, and floods up high...wiring TBD. I put an LED traffic director in the read window, and picked up a serviceable fullsize spare wheel, and got a used runflat tire for it.

Tonight's project was pulling screen & silver box, making sure nothing got bricked in the process. Now to find a wireless android auto double DIN radio and seeing if adapters exist. May end up sending radio out for camera enable instead. Ordered aux in pins in case I keep radio and go with the carpuride portable option that I have already (2014 have aux-in option, and radio stays on it when power cycling). Don't want the non-functional knobs & buttons if I go aftermarket.

Need to find someone to remove RPO VVS for the auto headlights....and maybe remove the 129MPH limiter NJSP optioned.

Push bar drilled for top rail, but I can't just get one. Installed custom round steel tube.

AFM Delete... just ordered an OBD2 box.
Attachments
20230412_222006.jpg
20230412_222006.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 495 times
Mooseman

Re: Loving my PPV

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Very nice looking ride. People must either hit the brakes or do a double take when they see you in their mirror.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
DirtNapPat

Post by DirtNapPat »

Welcome...loooks like you got a damn good start
Forums> Facebook Groups....always

"The day you die is just like any other, only shorter." ..Samuel Beckett
Boingo

Post by Boingo »

Some good luck there. Welcome to the family