NEWB

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
WHITELIGHTNING

NEWB

Post by WHITELIGHTNING »

Newbie here checking in, just bought my first ppv a few weeks ago, it has a dead engine, got lots of choices to choose from to replace it with,just not sure what to put in, also wanting to do a tr6060 swap while im at it, i have one fresh with upgraded synchros just waiting to go in something, been looking a posts and the web and trying to figure out what parts else i need, im from missouri, so parts for these are readily available as other areas,.

i also have a 11 camaro ss manual, but with two big kids the 2 door sucks, lol
GammaFlat

Re: NEWB

Post by GammaFlat »

Check out this thread if you haven't already: https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewto ... =36&t=4468

He's doing a 6 speed with a very cool shifter. He started with a 6 cylinder car and swapped over a bunch of "SS" parts.

Welcome to the forum and how dead is your engine? You can literally change a rod bearing on these things without pulling the motor - pan comes straight down. Bad lifter? That's just the top and front of engine.. radiator too I guess.
Good luck - keep us current and I think it's safe to say we all like pictures.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio