Made a huge mistake

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
JUNKYARD_JACK

Made a huge mistake

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

Hello everyone, I'm hoping this will be the best place for information on my new caprice. I always wanted one because it seems to tick all the boxes for what I wanted in a car. Well the other night I was pretty tuned up on some tito's vodka and bid on a 2014 caprice and actually won it....... 5/19/21 is when I am picking it up from Charlotte NC and driving it home to Pittsboro NC. Wish me luck everyone!
bstoner

Re: Made a huge mistake

Post by bstoner »

Ha,ha. Me too! I just got home (OH) last night with a 14 6.0 from NJ. Ran good but needs front brakes.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

bstoner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:48 pm Ha,ha. Me too! I just got home (OH) last night with a 14 6.0 from NJ. Ran good but needs front brakes.
I watched the video the auction site put up and it seemed to run and drive okay but we will see here in a few days. I want to sorta "future proof" it if I end up keeping it. Turning DOD off to start with HPtuners then I'm wanting to figure out what else I should do to make this thing as reliable as I can before I really dig into it. I think I want to end up with a LSA blower from boostdistrict.com but before that it'll get a proper DOD delete, cam, full exhaust along with wheels and tires
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

Got it home today. Drove home 105 miles with zero hiccups. Tried my best to polish this turd up as best as can. This is the result.
Attachments
CD45EC77-85C6-404B-8954-EFBF33BF877C.jpeg
CD45EC77-85C6-404B-8954-EFBF33BF877C.jpeg (5.03 MiB) Viewed 4750 times
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Clean looking car, not bad! Now... go get some silicone and stop up all the holes from the police equipment wherever it was mounted. Before they start to rust or leak water into your car or both. I only had about 9 holes in my trunk that had to be blocked up, nothing I've found (so far!) in the passenger compartment through metal to the outside. Looks like North Carolina DPS used the upfitter plate (thankfully!).

Welcome to the system!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

I like it! Those wheels don't look too bad. I know they are not cool but the detective covers are way better then the black steelies.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

bstoner wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:44 pm I like it! Those wheels don't look too bad. I know they are not cool but the detective covers are way better then the black steelies.
They look good from a distance lol, had to hit them with some spray paint I had lying around. Looks a ton better than how it looked when I picked it up 5 hours prior to this.
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

elc32955 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:25 pm Clean looking car, not bad! Now... go get some silicone and stop up all the holes from the police equipment wherever it was mounted. Before they start to rust or leak water into your car or both. I only had about 9 holes in my trunk that had to be blocked up, nothing I've found (so far!) in the passenger compartment through metal to the outside. Looks like North Carolina DPS used the upfitter plate (thankfully!).

Welcome to the system!

Eric
I bought some plastic plugs from Lowes Home Improvement and I will bring home some of the black RTV from the dealership I work at to seal them up properly.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

I don't see a mistake anywhere in this :lol:

Have fun with the build, car looks clean from where I'm sitting

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

Seller nennoguy on ebay sells adhesive hole covers. They visually blend.
2016 Caprice