New Owner from Chicago!!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
K3vofficial

New Owner from Chicago!!

Post by K3vofficial »

Hey, I'm Kevin from Chicago. I bought a 2013 PPV 6.0L in Oct. The search was on to the fullest after my last car broke down.. These aren't bad cars, but I want all these upgrades with not a lot of money haha. I actually love my Caprice!!! Would love to meet some guys/girls from Chicago area with the same cars. I seen a few around just not a lot, which is ok with me. I like having a car not many people have..
Mooseman

Re: New Owner from Chicago!!

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Pics or it didn't happen.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

I'm from Chi-town (born and raised). I now live in NW Indiana (pretty close). I am enjoying mine ('13 9C3) very much. I think there's someone here on the forum in the South West 'burbs involved in some sort of cruise night. Maybe some of could connect but I bet it would be spring before one of those happens.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
K3vofficial

Post by K3vofficial »

Yes, it happened!! I love this car and its funny how everyone is a good slow driver around me.
Ill send pictures, to post, to my PC in a few. I did notice knocking in the front after taking a rough road home, so i ordered super pro strut mounts, from BMR. I'm debating if i wanna just buy oem struts for now, until i can afford coil overs in the spring or just buy pedders struts for the front now and rear next month.
I'd like to buy all that BMR has, but how alike is the G8 and SS to this car, suspension wise?
I want to replace all the bushings for sure and rear arms.. Modifying is a hobby of mine especially since i have no warranty to worry about.
K3vofficial

Post by K3vofficial »

Yea Gammaflat I'm down for a cruise and to meet others. The Jeep crews were out last weekend downtown, its easy for them tho. Hmmm... About a month ago, I went to Briski's on Archer and Central on the southside. And in the parking lot there was a Black Caprice with Rims, tints and a puck on the top. That was the first one I seen that wasnt ISP since I bought mine. Mine came with a puck antenna in the trunk, for the roof, along with one for the trunk so I thought id put it to use with a signal booster and cb. CB not installed yet, the cold makes me lazy.
I need a remote start but i dont know where to buy from, and i wish I still had the push bar and the LH Spot light... It still has the headlight flashers tho, one wire keeps them from working..
Now I must figure out how to add pics
K3vofficial

Post by K3vofficial »

Pictures
Attachments
And no center console!!! Which give me endless opprtunities for anything..
And no center console!!! Which give me endless opprtunities for anything..
20201024_141840_HDR(1).jpg (988.97 KiB) Viewed 5228 times
Big back seat for fun.
Big back seat for fun.
20201024_141511_HDR(1).jpg (663.1 KiB) Viewed 5228 times
Just the engine, but shiny..
Just the engine, but shiny..
20201024_141914_HDR(1).jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 5228 times
The front I just love the look of it.
The front I just love the look of it.
20201024_142051(1)~2.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 5228 times
The hubcaps make a lot of noise over bumps, I had enough. I found the center caps the cops have for under $80, with the little bolts, lugs, for all 4. SOLD.. Awaiting arrival.
The hubcaps make a lot of noise over bumps, I had enough. I found the center caps the cops have for under $80, with the little bolts, lugs, for all 4. SOLD.. Awaiting arrival.
20201024_141425(1)~2.jpg (745.78 KiB) Viewed 5228 times
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

K3vofficial wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:32 pm Yea Gammaflat I'm down for a cruise and to meet others.
In Highland Indiana, there's a place called Blue Top Drive In. It's 1.5 miles south of 80/94 on Indianapolis Blvd (2.4 miles from Illinois). I expect to be there this summer. Heck, mine's a fair weather daily driver, so I'm there in the winter sometimes as well. Blue Top has great food and it is a big hangout for hotrodders. They often (in the summer) have live music Since my brother is actively on the prowl for a Caprice, that'll make two of us there. Having said all that, I'm open to other places.
K3vofficial wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:32 pm Mine came with a puck antenna in the trunk, for the roof, along with one for the trunk so I thought id put it to use with a signal booster and cb. CB not installed yet, the cold makes me lazy.
Mine is a detective car and thankfully has no "extra" holes or antennas (got carpet and a console too!) but it's great you're putting one of the holes to use.
K3vofficial wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:32 pm I need a remote start but i dont know where to buy from...
I got a plug and play solution from here: https://www.12volt.solutions/. I also got the Android app to start from anywhere (extra cost feature). You can also remotely lock/unlock car and see your car on a map with your phone. It was very expensive... About 500 bucks for the total system. They discount for Law Enforcement and veterans.
The other alternative is to have your BCM knocked over the head so your key fob will start your car. My key fob won't work as far as I can spit, so I opted for 12 volt solutions. See this link to turn on the stuff that should have worked in the first place (including remote start) in your body control module and stereo: https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
K3vofficial

Post by K3vofficial »

Well its a cold day but I'm out in the garage to replace front struts and elastomer strut mounts. I got rid of the hubcaps, they were annoying on the bumps. "RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE"
I put the Metal center caps on, since i found all 4 for under $100.
But now theirs no traffic around me, but that's ok.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome! Nice color.

Wow, rusted tailpipes! Our car came from Wisconsin Highway Patrol, and while the tailpipes weren't rusted, the expansion joint where the mufflers are bolted to the exhaust system was. When I was replacing the exhaust system, one of those bolts broke, and I had to cut another to get the exhaust off. After removing, I noticed that one of the mufflers was rusted through at the seam that runs down the top of the can. You may want to check that, since there's advanced rust on the exhaust system already.

Note that another new member, FatherLinguine, is looking for some 9C3 hubcaps like the ones that came on your car.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?