New Owner in Iowa

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
KookyKoala

New Owner in Iowa

Post by KookyKoala »

So a couple weeks back i bought myself a 2012 9C1 with 95k, on her :) after eyeballing and looking all over, i decided to rent a car drive up to Chicago to buy mine from Chicago Motors. Immediately turned around and drove it 5hrs home with no issues. Will keep this thread updated with post on the appearance and de coping of the car until it becomes a full build thread ;)

The plan so far is to de cop the car, cleaning up trying to return it to a more streetcar appearance. After i have achieved the look i want i would like to do a sleeper street rod/ daily build on big old caprice.

-Remove any remaining wiring from unfitting. already pulled the interior added wires about 10+ pounds of copper wire going from the front to the back of the car, couple of long runs of 4g red and black may come in handy for future projects with the car next i need to check out the engine bay and figure out what has been added none oem so i can start removing any of the additional none factory up fitting.
- Disable DOD (the afm range disables seem pretty pricey thinking this might be better to spend another hundred or so and get an hp tuners MPVI2 ?)
-Figure something out about center console, interested in both oem and custom solutions.
-Multimedia/ Creature Comforts
- Radio Unlock (get aux cables, and backup cam harness)
- add 4 Channel amp with speaker level inputs, change all 4 door speakers minimum. possibly add rear deck speakers, sub and amp with line out converter and a good digital dsp controlling sound stage.
- BCM Programmed, for DRL and remote start.

When i got it home.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RFJkac ... gio0u0HDAJ

Did one thing, i wrapped the gold on emblem in a Pearl White vinyl wrap. Will probably redo painting it color of the car when i order some paint :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJphlW ... QnKvIKitMR
Car Lineup

2012 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L v8 white
2005 Chevy Tahoe, 5.3l white
2005 F150 (Mrs, daily driver) 5.4 v8 white