Brand new in tacoma WA

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
gno

Brand new in tacoma WA

Post by gno »

i apologize if this reads like a novel lol.

so this car came at me out of nowhere. i have owned a 95 impala ss for the last 3-4 years (have wanted one for about 15 years). while scrolling through one of the fb pages dedicated to impalas and caprices (old body style) i seen a guys build where he was stuffing a 6.0 into his impala, so i got curious on what a 6.0 cost now a days and of course upon a quick search in classified add brough up the ppv and i was hooked. i seem my first variation of one when i deployed to iraq back in 2009 and was traveling through Qatar they had a couple as security forces vehicles although I'm not sure how much those share with the ppvs other than the name caprice. since i stumbled across this car about a month ago i have searched for the right one for me and although i was originally hunting for a silver one, once i found the karma color i knew it was the one i wanted. i found one locally, actually one guy was selling two matching karmas and i was supposed to buy them both from him, one had 160k and lifter failure but a flawless body, no holes no scratches no nothing. the second had holes for the brush guard and 2 roof holes, and one trunk hole. we made a deal for both and since i had to tow one back i told him id be there saturday morning with a truck, trailer, and cash. we were all set, until friday night when i asked what time was good for him on saturday to which he replied the 160k one sold that day to someone else. :x my next option was to ask what he wanted for just the one car then, he cam back asking for about $500 less than i was originally paying for both together. so i told him i would offer him $xxxx amount and he responded with n thank you. so i polity told him sorry for wasting his time and good luck with his sale, and his response was "let me sleep on it". the next day i waited as patient as possible, it was the late afternoon before i finally reached out to him again and asked if he thought about my offer, his response was "just come get it".
i didn't hesitate a bit, i jumped in the truck and off i went, and after about a 45 minute drive i became the new owner of this 2012 karma caprice.
so far I'm thrilled with the car even though I've only driven it home, parked it and cleaned it out a bit. i don't have hugh plans for it but i want to make it a comfortable daily for me and the family to take out often. a small list below are some of the things i plan on doing sooner than later.
oh and BTW i only paid $3500 for it :o

plans in the near future
g8 color matched side mirrors
g8 color matched door handles
buick park avenue side vents with markers
bronze 19'' wheels although i haven't decided on brand or design yet
g8 center console with 9c3 adapter
oem carpet plus sound deadening
have the front seats recovered to match the black rear seat
(eventually) dod delete
build my own LED tail lights from a stock junk yard set
Attachments
1A3B0991-6DA9-4BCF-83CC-8B3F135F5F38.jpeg
1A3B0991-6DA9-4BCF-83CC-8B3F135F5F38.jpeg (4.71 MiB) Viewed 4232 times
BA5D8DF5-0418-470B-BE12-30C0B1FDDD85.jpeg
BA5D8DF5-0418-470B-BE12-30C0B1FDDD85.jpeg (4.81 MiB) Viewed 4232 times
GTO

Re: Brand new in tacoma WA

Post by GTO »

That's a nice looking car. How many miles on it? I turned dod off via HP tuners.
gno

Post by gno »

GTO wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:39 am That's a nice looking car. How many miles on it? I turned dod off via HP tuners.
it has 115k on it. dod is still on for now
GTO

Post by GTO »

it has 115k on it. dod is still on for now
[/quote]
Mine is closing in on 150k. I won the auction mid January of this year. It runs great. I put 70 miles on it a day going to work. So many of these cars have lifter/camshaft failures at half the mileage I have on mine. I'm still researching which way I want to go on engine upgrades. It's only $!
Attachments
8445_13453_13.jpg
8445_13453_13.jpg (157.78 KiB) Viewed 4168 times
gno

Post by gno »

GTO wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:48 pm it has 115k on it. dod is still on for now
Mine is closing in on 150k. I won the auction mid January of this year. It runs great. I put 70 miles on it a day going to work. So many of these cars have lifter/camshaft failures at half the mileage I have on mine. I'm still researching which way I want to go on engine upgrades. It's only $!
[/quote]

wanna trade bumpers ? lol