New user from Seattle, Washington.

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
BobbeeBee

New user from Seattle, Washington.

Post by BobbeeBee »

Hello,
I three weeks ago I purchased a 2012 Caprice PPV with Bi-Fuel propane system. This Caprice was never a police car and was used as an alternative fuel demonstrator. The car has only 18K miles on the odometer and is what would be described as in pristine condition. The 20 gallon propane tank is located in the spare tire well in the trunk. The shop that installed the propane system did a very clean job and the car made 22 more HP when it was put on the dynamometer. This was explained to me that you get lower miles per gallon but a higher octane with propane. The original gasoline system remains intact and operational. The system starts on gasoline then the computer switches to propane when at temperature. Total fuel load is about 38 gallons which should make for some remarkable range. Running propane is said to also extend the life of the motor from the clean burning aspect. The propane fill coupling is located under the rear license plate mounted on a hinged holder.
In the past I drove a 1994 Caprice 9C1 as a daily driver for fourteen years. It had the LT1 350 rated at what I recall was 270 HP and it was no slouch on the get up and go and truly enjoyed driving that particular car. This new Caprice is at a whole new level and I am looking forward to wringing it out to see just what it will do.
Well, thanks for listening and I have enjoyed all the posts and the wealth of information submitted by every one. I am glad once again to be behind the wheel of a Caprice!
Best regards and Happy Motoring,
Bob B.
Mooseman

Re: New user from Seattle, Washington.

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Propane must be a first here. Post up some pics of it and the propane system.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419