Corvette Wheels

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
71NK

Corvette Wheels

Post by 71NK »

Hey guys I am new to the community. My Caprice is a 2015 and I have been doing some upgrades this last 6 weeks, window tint, exhaust, console and cupholders, hooking up rear door latches, and Holden grill and badge. I'll get some pictures up here of what it looks like soon, here are the dealerships pictures from when I purchased it: https://interceptorking.com/inventory/4007/
I am still rolling around on the steeleys, and found these corvette wheels on Craigslist for a decent price and wanted to get some input on whether or not these size of wheels will work.
https://bend.craigslist.org/wto/d/bend- ... 50319.html
"...2006 OEM [C]6 Corvette wheels and center caps. Two 19x10 Rear and Two 18x8.5 Front silver wheels....."
any input would be greatly appreciated guys
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Corvette Wheels

Post by Navy Lifer »

I've generally given up on explaining my position in regard to this question, but since there has been no response, I'll just offer some fresh perspective.

C7 & older Corvette wheels do not share the same wheel bolt pattern as the PPV. Specs are 120.65mm PCD and 70.3mm hub register

The PPV has a pattern that is common to (RWD) Zeta platform cars - Camaro (Gen5 & 6), G8, and Chevy SS sedan. It is also common to the Cadillac CTS - 2nd gen & Alpha variants with Brembo brakes. Specs are 120mm PCD and 67.1mm hub register.

Wheel offsets also vary - a "safe" fitment to PPV is based on SS sedan wheels Specs are 8.5" bead width (F) with +48mm offset, and 9.0" bead width (R) with +57mm offset - offering generous clearance to the PPV body with stock SS tire sizes. That's a starting point, and you can work from there as to clearance, visual impact (stance), tire section width & diameter limitations, etc.

All that said, your question is basically "will they fit" and the answer is a qualified yes. They do not fit CORRECTLY from an engineering standpoint, but that has not stopped many here from doing so.

Plenty of discussion has already taken place, should you wish to read it. Just one example: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4328