Camaro Wheels not fitting

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
scott42076

Camaro Wheels not fitting

Post by scott42076 »

20” staggered Camaro SS wheels. I am trying to install on my 2014 PPV. The tears don’t set flat against the rotor and thus wobble. Front seems fine. What am I missing?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 5857 times
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Camaro Wheels not fitting

Post by Navy Lifer »

the wheels absolutely should (will) fit - are you removing steel wheels? Zeta application wheels are all the same hub bore/register size and do interchange.

Check for rust buildup on the hub register (the part that extends beyond the rotor/wheel mounting surface). Use some elbow grease, rust-buster, wire brush, emery/crocus cloth to get rid of any junk /corrosion. Check wheel bore(s) to be sure they're not banged up in some way.
scott42076

Post by scott42076 »

Thank you. I finally got them to seat properly
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just resurrecting an old post to reinforce the point Bill made. I just swapped to the 18" LT wheels off a 2016 Camaro from my old dinged up & rusting police steelies. The tire shop I was using could NOT get the wheels to mount correctly on the first attempt, same problem - not seating properly on the hub. The manager had them take the surface down to bare metal by cleaning the rust off the hub register (106K worth of corrosion) with a wire brush, after this was done BAM! Wheels slid right on.

SO... if your 2016-2019 Camaro alloy wheels will not fit at first try, you know what you have to do. Clean up those hubs!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.