spring change

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
amx1pxp

spring change

Post by amx1pxp »

So, I was wanting to put SS springs on my car but can't get a hold of a set (seems I can get the rears, but not the fronts). Was wondering if anybody knows how much lower Pedders, or G8 springs would be. Seems everything else out there drops the car more than I want. Don't want to go more than an inch lower all the way around.

Thanks,

Paul
lastcall190

Re: spring change

Post by lastcall190 »

Wait and try to find a set of SS springs IMO if you just want a drop that mild. I put some from a 2015 with MRC on my old 2012, and the stance was great (I was trying to only find 2014s, but once I opened the search up to MRC equipped years, I found plenty). If I can find a pic I'll throw it up here. I can't speak to G8 springs, but keep in mind that car has been out of production for a long time so likely the only ones you will find will be old and depending on locale, in less than stellar shape. Then again, if you find a set, odds are they will be pennies on the dollar I bet.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
amx1pxp

Post by amx1pxp »

Where were you doing your search (Ebay)?
PPVOS

Post by PPVOS »

Fwiw 15 SS springs are 40-45 each on Rockauto.
Unless I'm mistaken.
amx1pxp

Post by amx1pxp »

Only rear springs available at RockAuto, and everywhere else I've checked.
PPVOS

Post by PPVOS »

Damn. They were available when I posted. Was considering them myself. Lol.
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

I have a set with a quarter coil cut from the front. Yours free with pickup or actual shipping.

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.