Brembo front calipers using 345mm PPV rotors

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Brembo front calipers using 345mm PPV rotors

Post by Navy Lifer »

s/c'd....not disagreeing. I think I used the phrase "if one can be located". I should have purchased about 6 kits while they were available.

Takes me way back to 1970, when stuff was (by today's numbers) REALLY cheap, and if (only) I had been smart, I should have purchased one of the 67-68 Camaro cowl plenum air cleaner packages every payday or once a month for as long as inventory lasted, and sat on them. They go for absolutely STUPID money today, for anyone inclined to throw it around--I could be "rich"!

https://www.ebay.com/i/273412439794?chn=ps
https://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/sto ... wl-Plenum/
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

I would say that qualifies as stupid money indeed...

WTF
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

I'm going to guess that you did not have the fortune to be alive (as a teenager) in the 60's....the cult status of the first-generation Camaro lives on, with people who were kids then, now retired and/or making more money than they know what to do with, and in some cases, they'll spend it on stuff like what is shown in those links. I only wish I was in a position to "cash in" on that gold mine. Heck I just wish I had bought one that I could put on my 70 Nova for the cool factor! I was thinking with the wrong head bag in those days...
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

yeah i should have done them same thing , and bought a bunch of sets

try finding a chevelle cowl plenum , or the camaro cross ram parts for the ducted hoods , those get crazy as well
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Navy, are these the same front calipers?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-2018 ... 017f464e2e
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Yes, but only the front--there is no direct-fit option using these rear calipers.

Better to look at just fronts, same source, for $300

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-2018 ... 0752.m1982
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

s/c'd cav wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:27 pm try finding a chevelle cowl plenum , or the camaro cross ram parts for the ducted hoods , those get crazy as well
I still have an original copy of the Chevy "green sheet" performance catalog from early 70's with all of those "Heavy Duty" components...years later the hindsight has become so clear--a huge missed opportunity! Part numbers now worthless, sadly....
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Navy Lifer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:03 am
s/c'd cav wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:27 pm try finding a chevelle cowl plenum , or the camaro cross ram parts for the ducted hoods , those get crazy as well
I still have an original copy of the Chevy "green sheet" performance catalog from early 70's with all of those "Heavy Duty" components...years later the hindsight has become so clear--a huge missed opportunity! Part numbers now worthless, sadly....
my dad and i , used to go into a performance shop all the time , and they had a dozen LS6 , LS7 , L88 crate motors sitting there forsale , i think they even had a few ZL1 crate motors , i kept telling my dad to get one for one of his projects , but he never listened :(
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

Just want to add to the thread.

I used some 17 camaro calipers with stock ppv rotors. worked mint, i reused my oem brake line but swapping it wouldn't be a bad idea due to the angle of the stock fitting.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Thanks, Max!

Hoses are definitely something to consider. Oher threads here discusses both Techna-Fit and Goodridge brand hose kits.