Techna-Fit Braided Stainless brake hoses

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Capeasy

Re: Techna-Fit Braided Stainless brake hoses

Post by Capeasy »

I know this post was a few years ago Bill but I posted a new thread on "brakes not releasing" a few days ago, and it's leaving us scratching our heads. And with the oem hoses having 105K on them some have said the inside of the hoses could be disintegrating and be acting like a check valve? But on all 4 corners at about the same time? It couldn't hurt to upgrade the hoses, I just need to go thru your post to make sure I go with the quickest way to support those new hoses. I will call Chris in the morning and get those hoses ordered. I'll make sure I mention your name :) . I was ready to pull off the M/C and booster tomorrow and see if a return spring might be broken or Cockeyed in there?
Thanks for your posts Bill :)
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Techna-Fit Braided Stainless brake hoses

Post by Navy Lifer »

Being the OE calipers are all floating design, it may be time to rebuild the slide pin setup, or just do a complete caliper/bracket swap (with remanufactured assemblies).

Start by doing a brake fluid flush, if you haven't, and compare color of the fluid in the system and new fluid. Brake fluid likes water, so be sure to use proper fluid from a fresh container if doing this yourself.

Replacing hoses would call for new fluid and full bleed anyway, but an issue with all 4 corners not releasing, an internal issue with MC could be complicating the situation, as you've suggested.

Beyond that, I've not read your post about brakes not releasing - if I think of anything else, I'll comment there.