Trans R&R for converter install

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
bstoner

Re: Trans R&R for converter install

Post by bstoner »

I bought the Circle D 258mm Pro Series 3 disk lockup 2,800-3,000 2C. For a N/A setup the stall is pretty mild and I would recommend going to a single disc lockup with a higher stall. However I plan on going LSA in a few years so I went triple disk and low stall. This setup was recommended by Circle D.

I originally planned on keeping my stock converter with the Stage 2 BTR cam. However even after a tune it pushed hard on the brakes. Too much that it affected drivability and I didn't enjoy it. Livable, yes. Enjoyable, heck no! With the stall the casual person would not notice with normal driving. It is fantastic. I highly recommend! The cam has a natural lope and with the stock stall the lope would make it buck and push against the brakes. With the aftermarket stall it has more slip at idle to allow the cam to lope without bucking. Once you accelerate the converter engages and drives normal. It feels tight. There is no large rpm increase then bam and go like the old style converters. I am still tuning it for WOT so I can't comment on performance. (Well actually I stuck it back in storage because we bought a new camper I am working on. But eventually I will get back to it next month or so. Too many other projects. LOL)
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....