running a LSA on a stock converter

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
Groundczero

running a LSA on a stock converter

Post by Groundczero »

So my plan was to 1st do a BTR stage 1 blower cam and 3,000 stall circle D converter, but I just landed a killer deal on a LSA.

So the plan is to run the BTR cam and LSA and run the stock converter for a while, has anyone done this were there any issues?
dr1rrrr

Re: running a LSA on a stock converter

Post by dr1rrrr »

I have a sloppy stage 2 camshaft on a stock converter and other than the car not being as smooth coming off of stop lights I haven't had any issues. The specs of that cam are 228 230 and .585/.585 lift so I would say you'd probably be good with that cam.
dr1rrrr

Post by dr1rrrr »

I realized the way I worded that was not so great :lol: the specs I gave are off the cam I have and I was trying to say the cam you are thinking about would probably work good
AceVL

Post by AceVL »

dr1rrrr wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:40 pm I realized the way I worded that was not so great :lol: the specs I gave are off the cam I have and I was trying to say the cam you are thinking about would probably work good
Do you have a Dyno of what you’re sloppy stage 2 is running? I’ve honestly been eyeing this cam as well since it seems to be a good blend of performance and daily drivability.
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400
dr1rrrr

Post by dr1rrrr »

I don't have a dyno sheet but there's a guy on youtube that does with the exact cam in a Caprice. He made 430 at the tires. I actually am selling mine right now if you are interested I loved the cam but I'm building my engine as a 402 stroker so I went with a different cam.
https://youtu.be/Ist4ixCERBA
Here's the vid